Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Questions on the Kindle paperwhite?

I can't seem to find the landscape mode in browser or in the OS.
It seems to work ok for books though!

Also, I saw that the books in the library have a dotted line under them, varying in length from book to book. Larger filesize books have larger lines than smaller books.
The books that I've read, the dots are darker, and the books that I'm halfway through, only the beginning of the line is in bold dots, the end of the line is in regular dots.
I can only presume that it represents how big the books are (instead of showing in MB).

Anyone figured out the math behind these dotted lines? (eg: 4 dots per MB or something?)

I had another question which escapes me now. I'll write about it later...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The dots represent a books length (in locations?) and they get filled in as a progress indicator.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Take a gander through the owner's manual on the device. It's a great help. You'll learn lots of neat tips & tricks on how to do things.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, I want to disable the screen saver; possible?

Book length seems indeed relative.
I've got 10 minute books that have 5 dots, and 1hrs 30 minute books with 5 dots.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Also, I want to disable the screen saver; possible?
You can't disable the screen saver but you can put it to sleep with a blank screen instead of the screen saver by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds longer than normal.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac

That's good to know!
Though I'd presume you're not putting the reader in sleep, but in 'off' when long pressing the power.

If I would remove the pics of the screen saver somewhere hidden in the Kindle drive, wouldn't it show a blank screen as well?
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
That's good to know!
Though I'd presume you're not putting the reader in sleep, but in 'off' when long pressing the power.
You can't turn a Kindle off. It goes to sleep with screensaver or without.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #8
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Once I have a USB cable, I'll try to find the screen saver pics, and see what it does if I delete them...