Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
rylee
rylee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
temp file

As i add books, the temp file for calibre becomes over 10GB which fills my C drive. I installed calibre on G drive. Is it possible for the temp file to reside on the G drive where calibre is installed? My ebooks i wish to add are 254GB the current calibre library is 335GB.
rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
ms233
ms233 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
There is an environment variable that might do what you want. I am in the process of trying this myself, so I don't have first hand experience to say for sure, but here it is:

CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR - sets the temporary directory used by calibre.

You can read more about what this does and how to set it here:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html

Hope that helps!

Last edited by ms233; 08-22-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: misinformation pasted in haste and kindly corrected by BetterRed. Thanks!
ms233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
That is one serious Manga collection

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html#id1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms233 View Post
There is an environment variable that might do what you want. I am in the process of trying this myself, so I don't have first hand experience to say for sure, but here it is:

CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY - sets the directory where configuration files are stored/read.

You can read more about what this does and how to set it here:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html

Hope that helps!
@ms233 - Uh-uh, the environment variable to relocate calibre's temporary files is CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR. The CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY variable is for relocating calibre's configuration folder, which is permanent data.

And yes they work as advertised - for me at least

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
ms233
ms233 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
@BetterRed - oh god, that's what I meant...how could I have screwed that up? Thanks for the correction!
ms233 is offline   Reply With Quote