|01-01-2013, 10:44 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4 Touch
Generate eBook from Bookmarks Archive
Abstract goal - turn some subset of my bookmarks into a logically structured ebook.
1. Export bookmarks to html, then use a program such wget or httrack to download all of the the raw html files
2. Filter the html files - removing comments, ads, and extra fluff.
3. Using the html index from (1), with each link pointing to a cleaned html file, compile an ebook with a TOC, possibly recreating the folder structure of my bookmarks.
- for (2) - I'm not sure how to do this. Any ideas for tools?
- for (3) - I need to find a way to preserve my folder structure.
I'd love some comments on the overall plan, which tools to use, and general feedback. Thanks!
Tutorials on eBook conversion, device optimization, Calibre tricks, and more.
|bookmarks, html, offline, parsing|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to generate cover from the first page of an ebook?||purgatorios||Library Management||2||11-17-2012 07:42 AM|
|Could not find an ebook in the archive.||emilyf||Devices||7||04-02-2011 06:10 PM|
|Ebook archive in case of the apocalypse?||jblitereader||General Discussions||52||08-22-2010 06:13 PM|
|instapaper.com - Bookmarks service that generate epub and mobi books||celson||Ectaco jetBook||3||03-13-2010 11:10 PM|
|Ebook Fan Fiction Archive||Amalthia||Sony Reader||8||12-22-2008 06:22 PM|