Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
MobileRead Winter Contest: Discussion

Hi everyone. The MobileRead Winter 2012 Contest is now live! The first episodes have been posted in the Announcements Forum (in this thread). The story thread has been locked to permit easy reading/reviewing of episodes as the suspense builds.

This thread is for readers to post questions, beg for hints, flaunt their own theories, etc.

Also, since we were a bit rushed for time trying to launch on Christmas Day we were unable to line up translators for the entire story. Members for whom English is not their first language, or who are having trouble understanding any parts of the story, are encouraged to post their questions here, where bilingual or multilingual MR members can provide explanations. Let's all jump in and have a fun time together!

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-25-2012 at 03:41 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Yes - please - if you are fluent in a non-English language and can help out by posting "footnotes" here to clarify stuff that you know folks might have trouble understanding - PLEASE post a suitable translation/substitute phrase here!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Can we just make comments here about the story? I'd like to say that dreams is totally in character and I think Mr. Dribs did it. But that isn't my official vote, of course. Just that he's a very suspicious character.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Can we just make comments here about the story? I'd like to say that dreams is totally in character and I think Mr. Dribs did it. But that isn't my official vote, of course. Just that he's a very suspicious character.
Yes, this is the place to do it. And you may be on to something about the doctor. He always looks a bit undead to me.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Clearly, the chicken is the most likely to commit this heinous crime. I say we throw him in the pot and stew him up now before he commits the murder. Eat one chicken, save a real life.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Clearly, the chicken is the most likely to commit this heinous crime. I say we throw him in the pot and stew him up now before he commits the murder. Eat one chicken, save a real life.
Get serious, he's a CHICKEN. He's afraid of EVERYTHING. Like most chickens. So I don't think he'd have the guts to do it. Yeah, sure, fret and threats maybe, but he's a CHICKEN!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I know who did it:
Spoiler:

They all did it, in the library, with the dagger
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Who you calling chicken?

You talking to me?

*looks into mirror*

Oh, right .....
Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Get serious, he's a CHICKEN. He's afraid of EVERYTHING. Like most chickens. So I don't think he'd have the guts to do it. Yeah, sure, fret and threats maybe, but he's a CHICKEN!
Yeah, yeah, that's what he wants us to think - it's a fowl foul trick, I tell you. My money's on the chicken ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Yeah, yeah, that's what he wants us to think - it's a fowl foul trick, I tell you. My money's on the chicken ...
Errrr ... exactly how much money are we talking about here? ..... Just asking ....
Old 12-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
I know who did it:
Spoiler:

They all did it, in the library, with the dagger
Scissors. Keep the weapons straight!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Errrr ... exactly how much money are we talking about here? ..... Just asking ....
Hmm, just about enough for a nice chicken dinner, I think ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Hmm, just about enough for a nice chicken dinner, I think ...
I'm NOT for sale!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #14
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
'Bout the Episode 2,

Spoiler:

What did dreams see?

1. Did she see Alex doing something to/with Nate, who went to mail a letter?
2. Or vice versa?
3. Did pdurrant and WT Sharpe have fight with pooh and threw him out the window?
4. Or vice versa?

Where are the heavy duty scissors?

1. Someone took them?
2. Who? Nate? pdurrant ? WT Sharpe? pooh?

Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #15
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Great contest, although as I'm truly hopeless at figuring out whodunnits and plot twists are only obvious when they are signposted with flashing lights, I'll just have to have complete stab in the dark (in the library with the scissors obviously).
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase