Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G) K4NT(Wifi Only WSO)
Working Term for K4NT?

with my Keyboard outta comish till geek is up and running (R.I.P his old PC) i'm looking to see if i could do the whole KindleberryPi using my K4 i got usbNetworking installed but cant activate it. (just acts like a: not installed or b: im soearching for a non existant book,)

i got KindleTermHD to run but it's ony looking for localhost

to use anything else from as i understand i need atleast to get kite installed but without USBNetworking i cant do so (and it seems my K4NT doesnt have SSH in diags.)

this'd be nice till i can get my K3 up and going.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Reventlov
Reventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsReventlov can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 4 non touch (k4nt)
«*to use anything else from as i understand i need atleast to get kite installed but without USBNetworking i cant do so (and it seems my K4NT doesnt have SSH in diags.)*»
This is not a problem, you just have to jailbreak your K4NT, and then to type ;debugon then ~usbnetwork on the keyboard of your K4NT.
Follow this article for jailbreaking: http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak
SSH on the diag partition isn't installed anymore on new kindle I guess.
Tell me if you get a working term (I'm searching for one, too).
good luck.
Reventlov is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G) K4NT(Wifi Only WSO)
i was able to get USB Networking done i kept using the Enter icon instead of "Done"
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote