Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo
So just how much does your ereader know about you?

If you've ever wondered how much your ereader is talking about you behind your back ...

the EFF has a handy chart of what information your ereader collects and transmits back to the mothership.

https://www.eff.org/pages/reader-privacy-chart-2012

and here's info on the charts: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/1...rt-2012-update

kinda interesting to know ...
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I'm sure my readers would report back to home base that "Owner is bizarre and should be approached with extreme caution" based on the odd selection.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Now I'm really worried, my eReaders don't have wi-fi and still they report home... spooky...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
BWinmill
Wizard
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Given that they are talking about Archive.org and the Adobe content server, I'm fairly certain that the focus is on how ebooks are distributed than on the devices themselves.

At any rate, the default assumption should be information is shared unless you have evidence to the contrary.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
theinfamousj
Zealot
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi
I am not a paranoid person and generally don't care that people know not to bother advertising a product to me that I'll hate, but I am glad that I keep my Kobo's WiFi off and only connect it to Linux machines. Foiling its calling home plan!
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
My ereader has no wi-fi and I never connect it to my computer (windows or Linux) -- I move ebooks back and forth on an SD card. I've always believed that if I own something, I should own it.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: AVTN8; BBMini; Onyx Boox T68; SGN8
Any book I buy from a store will be reformatted by me. As I prefer a (customized, hand made) PDF format on my readers, I must "prepare" the underlying HTML for the transformation into a format that my converter understands. So, it's not the same book I've downloaded and thus cannot say anything to the story I originally bought it from. Besides, I don't use the Kindle application, I use an independent application and my two e-ink devices don't have wifi
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote