Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Casusbelli
Casusbelli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kindle 4: Duokan or Jailbreak?

Hi People. I'm very confused so I would be really grateful if you could help me.

A good friend of mine gave me as a present an old Kindle 4 and I want to improve its functions, but I'm very confused of what is better: to hack it using jailbreak or to install duokan. I know that the former option is always the better, but being an old model I'm not that sure. So:

(a) Jailbreak or Duokan?

(b) If Jailbreak, what modifications do you recommend?

(c) If Duokan, which version?

(d) My version is 4.1.3, should I downgrade it? How?

Last but not least, my language is Spanish. I don't know if that changes thing.

Thank you a lot
Casusbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
(*) Duokan is not our product, not our code, we can not support Duokan here.
The (current) home site of the Duokan project is miui.com

(a) Jailbreak (Duokan also includes a jailbreak, one of ours modified to be incompatible with our packages).
(b) User's choice
(c) Not supported here
(d) Always run the most current version
(e) All of our add-in instructions and documentation is in English.
If your Mandarin is better than your English, that might make a difference.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Casusbelli
Casusbelli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thank you very much knc1. I already installed the jailbreak, some fonts and new screenshots and the Kindle experience has improved dramatically. Great job!
Casusbelli is offline   Reply With Quote