Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Kindle Freezes When Browser is Opened

I thought that the USBNetwork being enabled did this, but it's something else.
If I reboot it, it (K4) freezes upon selecting 'launch browser' and nothing will do anything until I hard reboot, which starts the sequence all over again. To fix I launch Duokan, enable wifi, and switch to kindle. As soon as I do so the browser works This seems independent of USBNet.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Great info.
First I have read about Doukan causing that sort of problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure if it is Duokan is causing it or not
Old 09-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

UPDATE: Doesn't matter if I connect to wifi, just as long as I boot Duokan first.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Maybe I should try uninstalling it
Old 10-10-2014, 03:45 AM   #6
chezz
chezz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I have the same problem, the browser freezes when I launch it and I have to hard-reboot.
I have Duokan too, maybe that's the cause of the problem?
chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Probably, I think I will uninstall. Need the disk space
Old 10-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Fixed it so far as I can tell.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

No problems since I uninstalled Duokan. It's officially the problem