Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #256
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
I had a hardware issue with the usb port; it was looked after promptly by Kobo.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #257
bboyz5
bboyz5 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
My microphone isn't recording on my kobo arc what can I do ?
bboyz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #258
Roger Coulombe
Roger Coulombe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I have downloaded caliber and cannot find the book files from the Kobo. Everything is connected and there are filles there but nothing I can recognize as book files. Can someone clue me in please
Roger Coulombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #259
KoboArc-er
KoboArc-er began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
My Kobo Arc has this charging problem.

Hello Faisal Abid,

Once in a while, my Kobo Arc gets this charging problem if it isn't positioned right. I can tell if my Kobo Arc isn't charging because my battery is currently running low and it beeps whenever its below 15% and not charging. This has happened once in the past but I resolved it by changing the charger. I tried the same method but it didn't work. I usually use an outlet to charge my Kobo. I rarely use my computer and don't use my computer as an answer! Is there anyway to resolve this problem? I don't want to reset my device because I have many precious items in it.

Thank you.
KoboArc-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #260
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Hate to break the news mate but Faisal hasn't been heard from since Dec 19 2012. Take it back to where you bought it or phone customer support. It sounds like a hardware problem not software.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #261
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you changed cables?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #262
KoboArc-er
KoboArc-er began at the beginning.

Yes, I have many times.
KoboArc-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #263
bubba62
bubba62 began at the beginning.

HI I am having problems adding books to my shelves on the Kobo Arc. I have added authors names to my shelves but when I try to add books under their names there is a little circle that just keeps going round and round and the books do not get added. Am I doing something wrong? Ty
bubba62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #264
quaizaco
quaizaco began at the beginning.

Hi everybody !
I tried to install a custom rom on my Kobo Arc and I think that I made a wrong manip so now I can't access to the ADB mode. I just can access to the fastboot mode but I can't fix my problem because there is a locked bootloader on the Kobo Arc so I would like to know If someone can help me to unlock the bootloader of the kobo arc ?
quaizaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #265
gilibaus
gilibaus began at the beginning.

Android Upgrade

Hi all,

does anyone know of any plan by the manufacturer to upgrade Kobo Arc's OS in the near future? Currently I have Android 4.1 JellyBean running.

Thanks.
Alex
gilibaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #266
Teledog
Teledog began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ARC
GF just got a Kobo arc ( LOVES IT!)..teaching her "the ways of the Android" ;-)
ie: Settings/security/ installation of non-market apps...for Tunein, Tripadvisor, etc. APKs

Question: Is there a way to de-activate the notification LED on the top?
I know it uses <-1 mA, but it's just annoying at night on the nightstand.

Also, OTG in a future update would be swell for USB memory, GPS, etc...

Thank you for a very good product!!! :-)
Teledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #267
alikayn
alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
Excuse me if this has been asked before. When my Kobo Arc is connected by USB to a Windows 7 notebook, not all files are visible. I've checked the privileges and the hidden files seem to have the same privileges as those that display. I'm trying to create documents with OfficeSuite and then move them to the notebook at a later stage.
alikayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #268
Rex Bonitas
Rex Bonitas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc 7
reading USB and sd card on Kobo Arc 7

Obviously when I plug a USB or an SD card in to my Kobo Arc 7 I want to search the device and see what is on it. I don't seem to be able to do this unless I am missing something rather obvious.

Rex.
Rex Bonitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #269
jimcollinsdj
jimcollinsdj began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO ARC
HI - Can you plse advise where I can download XP KOBO DRIVER plse - my pc wont recognise KOBO ARC

regards

jim
jimcollinsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #270
emma_b3
emma_b3 began at the beginning.

Device: emmak.bock@live.ca
kobo arc keyboard

I was wondering if there was a way to change the format/layout of my keyboard
emma_b3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc