Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
BooksAreAwsome
Live.Laugh.Love
BooksAreAwsome began at the beginning.

Device: none
Paper Back?

I love E-books and i read them all the time! But does anyone ever read printed books anymore? I like to once in a while haha :P

Last edited by BooksAreAwsome; 03-04-2015 at 09:12 PM.
BooksAreAwsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
Ebooks are books.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Freehunter
Enthusiast
Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4PC, PW2, HD7, calibre
Just got three 'books' that I can't find any way to get onto my Paperwhite or HD7. If I had something with a SD slot it wouldn't help, they are just too big. Even the PCMCIA slot on my PC is too small for them. They're twice as big as my Paperwhite.

So I wind up cradling one 'book' in my hand while I read and every once in awhile I have to use my other hand to turn a page. When I want to pause I have to find something to mark my place. Trouble is when I'm finally done with them I'll have to find some place to put them till I need them for reference again. My ten bookcases are already full to overflowing.

So many books, so little time ...

Freehunter
Freehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:44 PM   #4
eschwartz
Suspended
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I read paper books on Shabbos (I am Jewish).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #5
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
We had a long thread about this not long ago.

I'm reading one at the moment (Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie). It's absolutely fine. At the time it was cheaper than the ebook version. I've also just finished Yendi by Steven Brust, another paper book, this time not available as an ebook. That was also fine.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:09 AM   #6
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Kindle PW2
Yes! Once and for all books are books, it doesn't matter if they are ebooks, paper books, audiobooks, or on a frickin' papyrus. Just read! The medium doesn't matter!
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:05 AM   #7
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, and two Androids
Yes, books are books. I read books that I borrow from the library when even the ebook version is too expensive for me to buy. I'm also a big fan of a local used book store where I pick up old paperbacks and science fiction magazines that haven't gotten an ebook treatment (and may never get one).
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #8
BooksAreAwsome
Live.Laugh.Love

Nice to know you are jewish
Old 03-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #9
BooksAreAwsome
Live.Laugh.Love

I agree with you Geralt
Old 03-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksAreAwsome View Post
Nice to know you are jewish
Actually, he's a bird that just claims to be jewish.

Prove I'm wrong...

Last edited by murg; 03-07-2015 at 04:22 PM.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:22 AM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksAreAwsome View Post
I love E-books and i read them all the time! But does anyone ever read printed books anymore? I like to once in a while haha :P
Yes.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #12
eschwartz
Suspended
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Actually, he's a bird that just claims to be jewish.

Prove I'm wrong...
What kind of proof do you want? Or, what will you accept?

Difficult to prove myself over the internet. I guess I could post a picture of myself learning Gemarah b'chavrusa, but will you deny that it is me?
Hmm, there is of course this year's Purim Shpiel video...
Old 03-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #13
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
What kind of proof do you want? Or, what will you accept?

Difficult to prove myself over the internet. I guess I could post a picture of myself learning Gemarah b'chavrusa, but will you deny that it is me?
Hmm, there is of course this year's Purim Shpiel video...
It's hard to use photos or videos to prove anything:

murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #14
eschwartz
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
It's hard to use photos or videos to prove anything:

Darn, how will I ever be able to prove myself now.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #15
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Yes! Once and for all books are books, it doesn't matter if they are ebooks, paper books, audiobooks, or on a frickin' papyrus. Just read! The medium doesn't matter!
The two big reasons I prefer ebooks are 1) I have my whole library with me and 2) I don't need reading glasses to read an ebook. I can change the font size to whatever I want.

The last dead tree book that I read was last summer. It was a book that I hadn't read yet and wasn't available as an ebook. Having to use reading glasses definitely distracted me.
pwalker8 is online now   Reply With Quote