Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Angry Storage problem

I would like to check for the memory used.. I go to MORE/DEVICES/STORAGE I get the screen STORAGE
calculating and nothing happens, none of the items listed show any value just calculating. I have stayed on this page until it times out in 5 minutes and NO information is provided.

How can I fix this?
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I answered you in the other thread you posted.
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Set 15 minute time out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
I would like to check for the memory used.. I go to MORE/DEVICES/STORAGE I get the screen STORAGE
calculating and nothing happens, none of the items listed show any value just calculating. I have stayed on this page until it times out in 5 minutes and NO information is provided.

How can I fix this?
From the main screen, swipe down \ More \ Screen Timeout and set it to 15 minutes.

That will give you enough time for the calculation to finish.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Thanks for the replies.... I set the screen to 15 minutes and it did finally give me the results I wanted. It is horrible that it takes soooooooo long! It is a lot quicker to just hook it up to my computer and check, although it will not break it down into the groups shown on the Kindle.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Ok I give up at 5 mins! Thanks for the tip...must give it 15 mins LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I notice the Storage measurement function takes me just two minutes with the Timeout set to 15 minutes.

For some reason with the Timeout set to 5 minutes the Storage measurement function does not complete.

I leave my Timeout at 15 minutes all the time but just close the cover when not in use to put the KFHD7-32 in sleep mode.

The Paperwhite has an idiocyncracy with Firmware 5.3.0 by not allowing me to run Active Content with Special Offers set to Off.

Hopefully, the next Firmware upgrades for both the KFHD7-32 and the PW will correct these problems.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-05-2012 at 12:27 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
YESSSS It worked LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote