|10-19-2012, 05:35 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Device: pocketbook 912
Pocketbook Pro 912 review
After 3 months of pocketbook 912 pro use, my verdict:
- Reads all e-book formats including big PDF files very well.
- Very good reading experience. Nice big font selectable and 9.7 inch screen for people like me above 50 years old.
- A little heavy, so my wife is a less enthusiastic. Solid housing.
- Like all e-readers, battery life is less then promised. With one charge, I can read about 3 books equals 1000 to 1200 pages.
- Electronic ink, so power consumption is low compared to readers with TFT screens.
- Buttons are fine of good quality.
- Touch screen using stylus to navigate (has a passive responder in stylus, so don't loose it). Doesn't react on fingers or anything else. However stylus is not required since buttons can do all for standard reading.
- Excellent readable in sunlight.
- Has simple internet browser, so some browsing is possible, however not super duper and due to the slow screen reaction time, watching videos is not possible. However it can be used for things like reading the news and reviewing bank transfers.
- Since Linux is the operating system some other programs such a chess game are included. Also multitasking, so swap between applications is possible by pushing long the "return" button.
- Can handle a very large amount of books/manuals. Good file search and sorting options.
- Can play MP3 files for 5, 6 hours. Has internal speakers and a standard 3.5mm headphone connection.
- Family of Kindle-DX from the same Chinese factory but a much more opener/less restricted operating system and reader.
- Slot for micro SD
Two suggestions for the settings:
1) Set in menu "settings" the option "Full page update" after 10 pages instead after 1 page. Otherwise each page return result in the "black flash" typical for e-ink. This is valid for all e-ink readers
2) Change/create your own start-up logo or wait logo by modifying the BMP files in location X:\system\logo If required select the new file names in menu "settings"
And finally to keep your lithium ion battery usable for longer then 2 to 3 years, don't store it for a long time fully charged. So don't recharge too often.
Happy reading, HK from the Netherlands
Last edited by hkbeun; 10-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Pocketbook Pro 912 Ibs rebranded||dany13||PocketBook||8||12-23-2012 01:28 PM|
|Menu principal du Pocketbook pro 912||Ashanti||PocketBook||2||06-06-2012 03:52 PM|
|Ended PocketBook 912 Pro||apos||Flea Market||0||05-20-2012 07:44 PM|
|Pocketbook 611 vs Pocketbook Pro 912||scienceEreader||PocketBook||1||01-12-2012 10:35 PM|
|Pocketbook Pro 912: Help with Using Notes Function||ChristianReader||PocketBook||9||12-23-2011 11:42 AM|