Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Vizio 8" - should I up date

I have not updated my Vizio 8" - I recall a few posts regretting updating, so just did not update.

Now, my Vizio is nagging me about every few minutes to update.

So, should I just update it? Any advice will be appreciated.

Note: I am not good at manipulating any of my cpu stuff - Dell tower, iPhone, Vizio 8", nor any of the earlier pda's.

Thank you. Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Amogh Harish
Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony VAIO running ICS with Kindle and B&N Nook, Nook Color, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb2cats View Post
I have not updated my Vizio 8" - I recall a few posts regretting updating, so just did not update.

Now, my Vizio is nagging me about every few minutes to update.

So, should I just update it? Any advice will be appreciated.

Note: I am not good at manipulating any of my cpu stuff - Dell tower, iPhone, Vizio 8", nor any of the earlier pda's.

Thank you. Barb
Which version of Android are you currently on? Last I heard, Vizio rolled out an update for Honeycomb back in late 2011. Surely you've updated to that, right?
Amogh Harish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

"Which version of Android are you currently on? Last I heard, Vizio rolled out an update for Honeycomb back in late 2011. Surely you've updated to that, right? "

Purchased 10-29-2011 - No, I have not updated it at all.

Barb
Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
barb2cats
Connoisseur

Up date on my up-dated Vizio 8 tablet.

I was really pleased with the up-date.

However, after about a month and a half, the Vizio 8 now has start-up problems: I press 'on' and the 3 icons on the bottom bezel blink twice.
Then, nothing else happens.

I've a help ticket in to Vizio - hope they have some ideas.

If it's dead, I'll probably abandon the idea of a tablet and buy a new small laptop.

If any one has suggestions as to how to make the Vizio 8 tablet start up, please let me know.

Thank you. Barb