Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #331
klopus
klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
How does the "Lion August" case compares to other cases discussed here in terms of bulk and quality? I also don't understand how it secures the lid when closed, is the flap magnetic? Thanks!
klopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #332
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
It seems that the flap / clasp is magnetic.

While I don't have this case, I like how it looks. I dislike the flap, though... it probably is in the way when reading.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #333
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by klopus View Post
How does the "Lion August" case compares to other cases discussed here in terms of bulk and quality? I also don't understand how it secures the lid when closed, is the flap magnetic? Thanks!
Yes the flap is magnetic, the magnet and corresponding counterpart are invisible - you can feel the magnet inside the flap. It is not very strong - just strong enough to keep the lid shut. When I read with it one handed in my right hand, I use the flap to rest between thumb and index finger. This way I don't have to grab the PW hard at all and it won't fall out of my hand.

As far as quality goes, it is very good. There was no chemical smell at all from it when it arrived. I also appreciate very much that it doesn't have Kindle printed on it - the only covers that should be allowed to have that are the official ones from Amazon.

Small warning: keep this cover out of reach from grandkids - or you end up with a sticker collection on it. My wife's official cover suffers from the same problem.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #334
norbip
norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
Have you guys seen these yet? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kindl...673891158.html

They're an even more blatant knockoff of the official one and they do look pretty close.
Have anyone ordered a cover like this? If so, what is your opinion about it? I've recently ordered my Kindle PW and I'm looking for a cover which is cheaper than the original one. This looks quite nice based on the pictures, though pictures and reality sometimes differ.

Thanks!
norbip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #335
norbip
norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.norbip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbip View Post
Have anyone ordered a cover like this? If so, what is your opinion about it? I've recently ordered my Kindle PW and I'm looking for a cover which is cheaper than the original one. This looks quite nice based on the pictures, though pictures and reality sometimes differ.

Thanks!
Based on the good feedbacks on aliexpress I've ordered one in brown-yellow color. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.
norbip is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #336
klopus
klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.klopus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
I've got a Lion August case in coffee color and am very impressed with quality, lightness and looks. Magnetic flap doesn't get in a way as I was initially afraid and actually makes holding device while reading more secure.
klopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #337
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yes the flap is magnetic, the magnet and corresponding counterpart are invisible - you can feel the magnet inside the flap. It is not very strong - just strong enough to keep the lid shut. When I read with it one handed in my right hand, I use the flap to rest between thumb and index finger. This way I don't have to grab the PW hard at all and it won't fall out of my hand.

As far as quality goes, it is very good. There was no chemical smell at all from it when it arrived. I also appreciate very much that it doesn't have Kindle printed on it - the only covers that should be allowed to have that are the official ones from Amazon.

Small warning: keep this cover out of reach from grandkids - or you end up with a sticker collection on it. My wife's official cover suffers from the same problem.
They decorated it for Grandma huh.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #338
rinibird
rinibird began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbip View Post

Thanks!
I ordered this cover and just received it - I got a purple one. The quality of the "leather" (well, it is probably not real) is very nice and the build seems solid. My paperwhite fits perfectly and I was able to pop it in and out of the case with no modifications needed. It came with some small scratches on the metal clip on the side, but I am okay with it. The only downside I noticed is that the magnet does not keep it shut very strongly. The on-off function when opening the cover and closing it works fine. Overall, very glad I picked this one! I haven't seen the official cover, but I think this must be very close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TTB_8555.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	101989   Click image for larger version

Name:	TTB_8561.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	101990  
rinibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #339
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
@rinibird, thanks for sharing and welcome to MR. When opened, it actually looks better than the official case, because the rim around the kindle is black.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #340
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
I'm still using the Lion August case without the flap but similar to rinibird's case and am very pleased with it (for photos see this thread, page 19, post 277) . Even though the rim is coloured, it is very thin and I don't find it distracting at all. The magnet keeping the case closed is fairly strong so it doesn't come open when in a bag or rucksack. Even though I originally preferred the case from the OP, I have come to appreciate this one as I can be certain that when I toss my PW onto my bed, or carry it in my handbag, it will not come open and keep waking up my device unnecessarily.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #341
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
How about smell with Lion August case?

Have anybody experience with waterproof cover? Is it worth purchasing?
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #342
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar View Post
Have anybody experience with waterproof cover? Is it worth purchasing?
I find them a bit too large and too expensive. I usually put my kindle in a zip lock/ freezer bag when I take it to the beach, to protect it from water AND sand, but I have not tried this with the PW yet. I hope the touch screen can still be operated through the bag.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #343
BugA
Enthusiast
BugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enough

Device: Prestigio Nobile PER3162BN, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar View Post
How about smell with Lion August case?
I have this one, and it has a pretty faint, nice leather smell (when you stick your nose to it), otherwise not noticeable. I don`t know if it might vary from batch to batch, though.

I really like it, turn on/off on cover open/close works nicely, and it can be held both as a real book, or folded back (I didn`t take it with folding back in mind, but now I find that way pretty enjoyable for reading, too).
BugA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #344
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
Thank you for answers.
Tested my touch (PW not yet arrived) in zipper bag but it acts very ... Think, that bag are too soft.
Ordered THIN FOLIO SMART PU LEATHER CASE COVER FOR AMAZON KINDLE PAPERWHITE 3G/WiFi from ebay and with waterproof cover (think, that I can use it for somthing other thing, if cant normally operate kindle through it).
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #345
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
They decorated it for Grandma huh.
The proper term for Southerners is "splendorized".
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote