Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Gene45
Enthusiast
Gene45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Invalid Plug-in?

I downloaded tools_v5.4.1 and attempted to install it, and got the following message:

calibre, version 0.9.7
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in tools_v5.4.1.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 362, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 54, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 160, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 255, in _locate_code
InvalidPlugin: The plugin in u'C:/Users/Gene/Downloads/tools_v5.4.1.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Obviously I did something wrong. What?
Gene45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene45 View Post
I downloaded tools_v5.4.1 and attempted to install it, and got the following message:

calibre, version 0.9.7
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in tools_v5.4.1.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
That zip file is not a plugin. Extract and examine the files in this archive to find the actual plugins.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Oh! the zip that contains those (normal zipped) plugins.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
That zip file is not a plugin. Extract and examine the files in this archive to find the actual plugins.
Also if OP was talking about K4PC plugin, remember to remove/uninstall old version in Calibre before installing new version in Calibre.
It's in the release notes, but missed it myself
Cheers,
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Gene45
Enthusiast
Gene45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
OK! Got it! I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess I did something wrong there too.
Gene45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert