Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
New Paperwhite review

I finally received the Paperwhite from Amazon. It is suppose to be registered, it is not. When I make bookmarks the date is from August? When I try to click on the bookmarks nothing happens.

I have mixed feelings about the Paperwhite. I have the Kindle Fire HD 7" for about a month and I can read from that almost better than the Paperwhite. I have the KFHD on Sepia and use the app Screen Dim. I put the Paperwhite at 3 or 4 and I tried 1 or 2 and that is too low.

I have no color hues, but I find in a dark, pitch black room I just can't enjoy it as well as the Kindle Fire HD. The Paperwhite is gorgeous in a lighted room. I don't know if I will keep or not. Yes I see 4 lights at the bottom, and it does bother me only because my Kindle Fire HD doesn't do that! Also because Amazon boasted so much about the perfection.

I am a loyal Amazon customer. But I am a bit disappointed in the Paperwhite lighting in the dark.

I have 30 days to decide, but I am thinking of going with the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or a Samsung Tablet. I have the Kindle DX and I do like more words on a larger tablet. Old eyes.

Last edited by new; 11-22-2012 at 12:35 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Can anyone tell me why the Paperwhite shows August as the date when I bookmark and when I click bookmarks it goes nowhere?

Also if you bought your Paperwhite online shouldn't it be registered? It does show it on my online account.

I wondered why the box had a label removed and a new one put one for the model. Makes me wonder if it was returned, or something.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Can anyone tell me why the Paperwhite shows August as the date when I bookmark and when I click bookmarks it goes nowhere?

Also if you bought your Paperwhite online shouldn't it be registered? It does show it on my online account.

I wondered why the box had a label removed and a new one put one for the model. Makes me wonder if it was returned, or something.
Pure speculation: Is the clock set correctly? This would be the easiest explanation for the wrong date.

My Paperwhite had been registered and came with the name I had defined in my Amazon account. Of course it's easy, to register yourself. But it might be a good idea, to check the reader for any signs of pre-usage. With so many people making use of the "test and send back" mentality, you never can be quite sure to have a sealed and untouched unit...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I finally received the Paperwhite from Amazon. It is suppose to be registered, it is not. When I make bookmarks the date is from August? When I try to click on the bookmarks nothing happens.

I have mixed feelings about the Paperwhite. I have the Kindle Fire HD 7" for about a month and I can read from that almost better than the Paperwhite. I have the KFHD on Sepia and use the app Screen Dim. I put the Paperwhite at 3 or 4 and I tried 1 or 2 and that is too low.

I have no color hues, but I find in a dark, pitch black room I just can't enjoy it as well as the Kindle Fire HD. The Paperwhite is gorgeous in a lighted room. I don't know if I will keep or not. Yes I see 4 lights at the bottom, and it does bother me only because my Kindle Fire HD doesn't do that! Also because Amazon boasted so much about the perfection.

I am a loyal Amazon customer. But I am a bit disappointed in the Paperwhite lighting in the dark.

I have 30 days to decide, but I am thinking of going with the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or a Samsung Tablet. I have the Kindle DX and I do like more words on a larger tablet. Old eyes.
I have a similar portfolio:
Kindle DX Graphite
Kindle Fire HD
Kindle touch
Kindle Paperwhite

I can see the 4 lights at the bottom of Paperwhite as well. But honestly, they don't bother me.
I clearly prefer the Paperwhite to the touch.
I still love my DX Graphite, but I probably will take it with me less often than before Paperwhite.
I love Fire HD. But to me, it's a different beast than Paperwhite.
For pure reading, I like the little weight of Paperwhite. When reading for more than 3 hours in an instance (will read "Kiss before dying" tonight), even 50g can make all the difference.
On a trip, when having to decide for one or another, I'll probably go with the Fire HD. More options on a tablet.
But for pure reading, I find Paperwhite close to perfection. Didn't consider giving it back, not even for a second.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Can anyone tell me why the Paperwhite shows August as the date when I bookmark and when I click bookmarks it goes nowhere?

Also if you bought your Paperwhite online shouldn't it be registered? It does show it on my online account.

I wondered why the box had a label removed and a new one put one for the model. Makes me wonder if it was returned, or something.
Your Amazon account should show the serial number of the registered device.
Is it identical to the one of you Paperwhite?
You could un-register from your online account and see what happens...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Pure speculation: Is the clock set correctly? This would be the easiest explanation for the wrong date.

My Paperwhite had been registered and came with the name I had defined in my Amazon account. Of course it's easy, to register yourself. But it might be a good idea, to check the reader for any signs of pre-usage. With so many people making use of the "test and send back" mentality, you never can be quite sure to have a sealed and untouched unit...
I manually set the clock. When you click on your bookmarks (notes or whatever it is called) does it show the correct date and can you click and open from there?

It shows "My Kindle" on the Paperwhite. It should show my name as I set it up then. I thought perhaps because I didn't setup wifi yet was why it wasn't showing?

Yeah I can't tell if it was used before.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Your Amazon account should show the serial number of the registered device.
Is it identical to the one of you Paperwhite?
You could un-register from your online account and see what happens...
Yes it is the same serial number.

I am a bit afraid to un-register from the online account. Do you think it is because I haven't setup wifi yet? I can't remember if the KFHD showed my name on the unit before I setup wifi now.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I have a similar portfolio:
Kindle DX Graphite
Kindle Fire HD
Kindle touch
Kindle Paperwhite

I can see the 4 lights at the bottom of Paperwhite as well. But honestly, they don't bother me.
I clearly prefer the Paperwhite to the touch.
I still love my DX Graphite, but I probably will take it with me less often than before Paperwhite.
I love Fire HD. But to me, it's a different beast than Paperwhite.
For pure reading, I like the little weight of Paperwhite. When reading for more than 3 hours in an instance (will read "Kiss before dying" tonight), even 50g can make all the difference.
On a trip, when having to decide for one or another, I'll probably go with the Fire HD. More options on a tablet.
But for pure reading, I find Paperwhite close to perfection. Didn't consider giving it back, not even for a second.
What do you mean even 50g can make all the difference?

What light setting do you use for the paperwhite and do you use in the dark?

My favorite is the DX because I have bigger print, but it is heavy. THe Paperwhite is extremely lightweight. Where the 4 lights are on the bottom does make it difficult for me to see the page number/percentage.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I manually set the clock. When you click on your bookmarks (notes or whatever it is called) does it show the correct date and can you click and open from there?

It shows "My Kindle" on the Paperwhite. It should show my name as I set it up then. I thought perhaps because I didn't setup wifi yet was why it wasn't showing?

Yeah I can't tell if it was used before.
It's called "My clippings".
My bookmarks show the correct date there. I open the bookmarks within the book ("View Notes & Marks"), not from the clippings.
My Kindle (upmost left corner) shows the name I gave in my Amazon account, not just "My Kindle".

You haven't set up WiFi yet? So I guess you're using 3G now?
WiFi certainly is worth trying, you should set it up anyway.
Maybe the bookmarks need to be synced through the Amazon server first? 3G should be fine as well but who knows...

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-22-2012 at 07:07 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
What do you mean even 50g can make all the difference?

What light setting do you use for the paperwhite and do you use in the dark?

My favorite is the DX because I have bigger print, but it is heavy. THe Paperwhite is extremely lightweight. Where the 4 lights are on the bottom does make it difficult for me to see the page number/percentage.
50g = 50 grams. Sorry, you're probably used to ounzes.

I use 10 in the dark, when in bed and not wanting to wake my wife.
I use this setting 90% of the time. But I've only got my Paperwhite 4 days ago, so obviously haven't tried all environments yet. It's winter here (Germany), so I don't have to worry about sunlight...

I only see slight shadows on the bottom. I can imagine 4 lights, but it's nothing more than some "fog". No bother at all, easily can read location and such.
Eyesight might be one explanation, but there have been lots of discussions about variations in quality...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Yes it is the same serial number.

I am a bit afraid to un-register from the online account. Do you think it is because I haven't setup wifi yet? I can't remember if the KFHD showed my name on the unit before I setup wifi now.
I'd set up WiFi, no harm in that.
But it shouldn't be any problem at all, to un-register from your online account.
I do that all the time.
I've got too many Kindle apps and Kindle readers, so I often un-register one and re-register another one. You only can have 4 to 6 (depending on the publisher) activations in parallel, for example 3 Kindle apps + 1 Kindle web reader + Kindle readers.
You even can re-register more than 6 units. You just can't download the very same book to more than 4 respectively 6 units at once.
But re-registering never has been a problem for me, not even once.

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-22-2012 at 07:04 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I'd set up WiFi, no harm in that.
But it shouldn't be any problem at all, to un-register from your online account.
I do that all the time.
I've got too many Kindle apps and Kindle readers, so I often un-register one and re-register another one. You only can have 4 to 6 (depending on the publisher) activations in parallel, for example 3 Kindle apps + 1 Kindle web reader + Kindle readers.
You even can re-register more than 6 units. You just can't download the very same book to more than 4 respectively 6 units at once.
But re-registering never has been a problem for me, not even once.
I thought Amazon registered online only. So I can register online? I would rather as I have a hard time on the keyboard. I did try to setup the wifi once but my fingers weren't doing good, lol. The stylus I have didn't work at all on the Paperwhite.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #13
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Yes it is the same serial number.

I am a bit afraid to un-register from the online account. Do you think it is because I haven't setup wifi yet? I can't remember if the KFHD showed my name on the unit before I setup wifi now.
In "Settings": Is your name under "Registered User"?
If you're registered, it has to be.
And then it should show the correct name for your Kindle. The one you gave in your online account, not the standard "My Kindle".
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
new's Avatar
 
Posts: 704
Karma: 3000002
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
In "Settings": Is your name under "Registered User"?
If you're registered, it has to be.
And then it should show the correct name for your Kindle. The one you gave in your online account, not the standard "My Kindle".
No it is not on the Paperwhite at all, just My Kindle. I gave it my name online when it said 4th Kindle, I changed the name. I did the same thing with the KFHD. The name showed up correctly on the KFHD.

Guess I should just bite the bullet and try the wi-fi again. I have to setup my network first though. I was putting it off til I decided if I was happy or not with it.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #15
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,157
Karma: 12681902
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I thought Amazon registered online only. So I can register online? I would rather as I have a hard time on the keyboard. I did try to setup the wifi once but my fingers weren't doing good, lol. The stylus I have didn't work at all on the Paperwhite.
The steps would be:

1.) Online, in your Amazon account, you un-register your Paperwhite. You should find it in the "My Kindle" section.
Out of curiosity, before un-registering it, you could only modify the name of the reader. If you name it "Test 123", this should appear in the upmost left corner of your Kindle, instead of the standard "My Kindle" name. If you can't change the name, you're (for whatever reason) not registered.
2.) Personally, but that's just me, I'd un-register, if you can't change the name.
3.) Then, after un-registering online, you enter your account name on the Kindle Paperwhite. This now should appear in your online account. Here you can change the name and such.

The initial activation is on your Kindle. I don't know of any way, to enter for example your serial number into your online account.
But once you've entered the user name on your Kindle, all the rest can happen online.
You even can send the books from your online account to a specific reader, instead of manually downloading on the reader.

But of course, you have to be able to go online with your reader for the initial activation. But you need to go online anyway, else you'd have to copy your books via USB instead of downloading them on the reader.

Do you have the 3G or the WiFi-only version? With 3G, you don't even have to bother about WiFi connection data. Then all you need to enter is your account name.

But first of all: I'd try to change the name of your Kindle in your online account. If you can't change it, the registration has somehow failed.

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-22-2012 at 07:31 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.0 review knc1 Kindle Developer's Corner 0 11-08-2012 04:57 AM
Kindle Paperwhite Review Andrew H. News 26 10-17-2012 06:31 PM
Kindle Paperwhite Review: Forget Everything Else, This Is the E-Reader You Want xg4bx Amazon Kindle 60 10-07-2012 04:07 PM
Color Yet Another Review of the JBC (tips, hints, improvements, review) ProDigit Ectaco jetBook 15 03-13-2012 04:17 PM
For newbies:a CALIBRE Review you may find this review interesting... LARdT Calibre 0 01-21-2010 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.