Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Shenan Doah
Shenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo original wifi N647
Kobo N647 eReader blocked

Hello to all,

After a disconnection at the wrong time, or malfunction due to a problem of electrical origin, my Kobo original wifi n647 eReader stopped working.

The device starts but stops responding after the fifth square and freezes completely.
The device is still recognized by Windows XP but the .kobo directory is empty.
The update via the kobo desktop is ineffective.

I am looking, if possible, for an image of the internal µSD card.

The specs of the device are:

FCC ID: NOIKBN647
IC: 8857A-KBN647
MODEL: N647

I think I remember the original firmware to be 1.9.13.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards from France !
Shenan Doah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Have you tried a Factory Reset?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
Shenan Doah
Shenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blueShenan Doah can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I started with that.
Basic Reset and Factory Reset are unfortunately ineffective...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
Shenan Doah

I was able to restore the firmware by means of member KevinShort,
and everything works again marvelously.

Good readings and thanks to all of you !