Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #1
Vgx
Vgx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Annotations to screenshot batch

Hi everyone. I was wondering would it be possible to write a user-friendly script / patch / mode that would basically make screenshots out of each annotation in a book. I take a lot of annotations for future references and doing it manually is a pain in the ass, especially when you have to sacrifice the power button as a screenshot trigger. The script would read the annotation position, go to corresponding page/location and take a screenshot, then move to the next annotation and so on.

Is this even possible? Thanks.

Last edited by Vgx; 03-24-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Vgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
That does sound an ugly way to do this. But, I don't know if what you describe would be possible. The navigation is in nickel and I can't think of a way to do this.

But, there are several ways extract the annotations. These all create text copies of the annotations. I describe most of them here. If the purpose is to get the surrounding text as well as the actually annotated test, you probably want to look at Kobo annotation exporter.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement