Notices

Old 08-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia began at the beginning.

Device: none
About tags and editor

Hi guys:
I have a little question about the editor. In many places I download epub files, when I add them to my calibre library, I note that all of them have included tags in the book. However, I could not find the option to add tags to my own ebooks. How can I do it?

I hope I've explained well.
Sorry my grammar (I take a little help by google traductor)
Regards from Lima, Perú
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you click the Edit Metadata button, you can edit all the metadata fields calibre supports, including tags.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 08-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
Hi guys:
I have a little question about the editor. In many places I download epub files, when I add them to my calibre library, I note that all of them have included tags in the book. However, I could not find the option to add tags to my own ebooks. How can I do it?

I hope I've explained well.
Sorry my grammar (I take a little help by google traductor)
Regards from Lima, Perú
@mariaclaudia - in the book list - if you press F2 in a Tags cell you can edit the tags in-line, if you press Shift+F2 you will get the Tag Editor.

BTW - according to google 'traduce' in Spanish means 'translate' in English, whilst 'traduce' in English means 'difamar (defame)' in Spanish - I don't think google have a defamer - tricky

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Another Tag option is to ALWAYS auto add a specific Tag on some events:
Just some

Preferences: Adding Books
Add:Add from ISBN

Other events (including plugins) can Auto Mark (pushpin icon) books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #5
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thank you very much everyone, but I think I have not ceased understand, so I offer apologies. I do not speak about the Calibre program, I speak about the books editor that comes with Calibre. When I create a new book, I would like to include tags, so that when someone adds or load the book in any program of ebooks, the program show the tags I have chosen.

When I load a book with the editor, in the metadata.opf file, I found this code:

<dc:subject>Documentos Católicos</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Encíclicas</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Leon XIII</dc:subject>

How can I add this info, only manually or the editor have an option to do that?

I hope this time I explain better than the first time.
Regards from Lima, Perú
Old 08-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ebook editor does not have a tool to edit the metadata.

However, tags are internally described in the OPF as <dc:subject> xml tags, so just add them by hand.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
Thank you very much everyone, but I think I have not ceased understand, so I offer apologies. I do not speak about the Calibre program, I speak about the books editor that comes with Calibre. When I create a new book, I would like to include tags, so that when someone adds or load the book in any program of ebooks, the program show the tags I have chosen.

When I load a book with the editor, in the metadata.opf file, I found this code:

<dc:subject>Documentos Católicos</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Encíclicas</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Leon XIII</dc:subject>

How can I add this info, only manually or the editor have an option to do that?

I hope this time I explain better than the first time.
Regards from Lima, Perú
The book editor does not have a specific user friendly built-in metadata edit feature

You can text edit the CONTENT.OPF file that is embedded within the EPUB itself (it's in the Miscellaneous section). The CONTENT.OPF is very similar to the METADATA.OPF found in the book folders.

You could inject the Tags (and other metadata) you have in the library database into the EPUB file via the Embed Metadata feature (press Ctrl+E), it may not be in your toolbars/menus.

Or you could use the Sigil Ebook Editor which does have a user friendly metadata editor.

BR
Old 08-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Polish your book from the main GUI.

That will insert the Current metadata as shown in Calibre

That UI is pretty friendly
Old 08-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Polish your book from the main GUI.

That will insert the Current metadata as shown in Calibre

That UI is pretty friendly
Embed Metadata is friendlier, just select the format. And because there are no extras like font, cover and jacket related functions it runs in the main thread, hence its a faster, also Polish runs as a Job so it may be put at the end of a queue.

BR
Old 08-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Many, thank you very much to all of you guys, have helped me a lot. Every day I like this program more. Too bad there is not a version for android. In android I use Moon + Reader and Mantano Reader. What do you think? Does anyone recommend me a similar program for android?

A cordial and grateful greeting from Lima, Peru
blessings
Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Calibre Companion -- made by MobileRead member chaley, who has contributed several valuable features to calibre, Calibre Companion is designed to handle everything calibre can throw at it.

Allows you to manage all your books using any metadata calibre has, including custom columns, connects using the wireless device driver in calibre (which was written for the app).

Many MobileRead members swear by CC. Could be well worth your while.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-12-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #12
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I second the plug for Calibre Companion. I´m using CC with Moon+ Pro off and on (when I use my phone to read, which isn't often), and it's as close to a full Calibre for Android as you're going to get.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

CC Extra emphasis on the second C. Companion

It extends a great deal of Calibre (Library) to your device