Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
stadros83
stadros83 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO TOUCH 2.0
Kobo Touch 2.0 and VNC (for a noob)

Hello there !

I just received a Kobo Touch 2.0.
I have a first question and didn't find an answer right now : What is the "model number" of the Touch 2.0 ? Mark 3 ? 4 ? Because when I'm looking inside the information it says MODEL N587.

If I'm asking that it's for my second question :
I want to install VNC viewer on it, and actually I'm not really sure how to do that.
Do I need to install a specific firmware like this one : http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=268407 to install this VNC app : http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228168 ?

Last edited by stadros83; 12-15-2015 at 08:25 AM.
stadros83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadros83 View Post
Hello there !

I just received a Kobo Touch 2.0.
I have a first question and didn't find an answer right now : What is the "model number" of the Touch 2.0 ? Mark 3 ? 4 ? Because when I'm looking inside the information it says MODEL N587.
The Touch 2 a Mark 6 like the Glo HD.
Quote:
If I'm asking that it's for my second question :
I want to install VNC viewer on it, and actually I'm not really sure how to do that.
Do I need to install a specific firmware like this one : http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=268407 to install this VNC app : http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228168 ?
No, you do not need to patch the firmware to use VNC. But, I have no idea if the VNC app has been updated for the latest firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
stadros83

Ok thanks a lot .
Old 12-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
stadros83

Edit.

Last edited by stadros83; 12-15-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
You probably need to install Kobo Start Menu to give yourself a means to launch the application.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:40 AM   #6
stadros83

I was able to make it works over wifi but the screen is not really "refreshing" .

But that's a start .

I also noticed that my WIFI shutdown after a while. There is certainely a "power saving mode". Did someone now if there is an option to disable this ? Didn't find.

And touch unfortunately doesn't work.

Last edited by stadros83; 12-16-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:36 AM   #7
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadros83 View Post
I also noticed that my WIFI shutdown after a while.
I guess you kill nickel anyway before you start vnc. Otherwise I would think nickel is responsible for shutting down wifi.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:23 AM   #8
stadros83

I think it's nickel. Certainely to save battery.