Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #31
shalym
Guru
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl1963 View Post
Wondering about the time lag between sending an email to the free @kindle email.

I sent a book or 3 about 10 minutes ago, and they haven't arrived yet. Each is less than 300k. I did confirm that the email went out from my gmail account (it shows up in the Sent folder), but have yet to see it.

Am I too impatient?
Is your gmail account on the list of allowed emails?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #32
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Fire HDX, and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by n808 View Post
Never mind, found the answer (and the books I have emailed so far) in Manage My Kindle on amazon.com. The limit is 5GB. Emailing is awfully slow, but calibre keeps going one by one... till it's done. Using Reading List to keep track of which I have emailed and not.
I use email as well. I want to be able to access the books later through manage my kindle. Rather than sending 30 books one at a time, I just send them as a group. Normally takes 5 minutes each.

While those are going through, I just hack a movie or two

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 11-29-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #33
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Use Send to Kindle instead. You bypass your email servers which can be slow specially Gmail at times. With this little Add on it uploads the book directly to Amazon's servers. Gmail is known for holding mail with attachments till it deems them safe.
I love, love, love Send to Kindle. I have used that to send sheet music for the Ukulele and it (sometimes) shows up bigger and more readable on the Kindle than it would otherwise.
new is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mobi, personal document