Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Android/iOS reading position sync possible?

I have an Android tablet and a iPhone. Is there any setup that would allow me to sync my reading position between these two devices?

I read mainly ePubs and have setup my own OPDS catalog. OPDS support isn't necessary (but it would be nice) as long as I could get the ePubs on the devices somehow. I've been searching around to try to figure this out but there are so many reader apps and utilities to check out.

Please also include any apps that require jailbreak or rooting as this is already done on my devices.

Thanks
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
Mantano Reader Pro will do syncing, but its an additional $10 per year. I believe Moon+ Pro can sync, but Mantano is the only one I've tried so far.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle apps

If you're willing to convert them to .mobi and use the Kindle app, it's automatic. According to the Amazon personal documents help file, "Just as with Kindle books, Whispersync automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations for personal documents that have been converted into Kindle format (with the exception of PDFs and files transferred via USB) across your supported Kindle devices and Kindle reading applications."
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Mantano and Moon+ are android only, obviously. txtr is the only app I know of that runs on both iOS and Android and has sync. I haven't used it for awhile but I believe you get free cloud storage as well.

Apparently IbisReader (ibisreader.com) is also still available. It's a web app, no idea if it works with the latest versions of iOS and Android. Again, some free cloud storage.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote