Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #16
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Thanks for the review, pomlover. It's a little disappointing to hear that, first, it was made in China and second, that it was almost like the stock case. From your review I think I'll stick with my black leather case.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
Nytngale
Enthusiast
Nytngale began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Treo 700, Verizon Voyager
DB cover arrived today

Hi all,
Received my DB cover today - the burgundy/brown one. It is very pretty. However, the quality is not significantly different from my current pink leather cover and there are no internal pockets for an id card, boarding pass like the pink one. All in all I am disappointed - don't know what I was expecting for sure, but for $150 I thought it would be more than it is. Oh well......
Nytngale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 AM   #18
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook-ST, Sony 505 & T1, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I'm disappointed to hear there are no interior pockets too, Nytngale. I was really hoping the interior would be similar to the leather covers Sony offer. I don't care for Sonny's limited choice of pink or black. I really wish they had a red cover for the 505 like the one they still offer for the 500.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #19
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfolded

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Would anyone post some pictures please?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #20
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500
Pictures!

And, on the spectrum from red to brown, where does the crimson land? I prefer brown and my red/green color blindness might just get me there if it isn't fire-engine red.

And as to texture, is it more slick/vinyl or... mmm... soft/rough (not quite sure how to describe it)?
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #21
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, pictures pretty please! I really want to see it 'in action' as it were. How does it look with the blue reader. Also how does it compare to the original cover protection-wise?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #22
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Will attempt to send pics

Okay - will try to send pics - not very good at that. The cover is textured. The interior is a disappointing brown that doesn't really make a nice contrast to the reader.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #23
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Pics of DB cover

Okay - here goes - hope these links work:

Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #24
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Wow - glad that worked. The color is true. The textured surface is a combo of smooth and definite texture where the pattern lines are. The interior is a little darker than actual. Hope this is helpful.

nytngale
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #25
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Thanks for the pics! The color is very nice; definitely has a reddish tone. I wish that it had inside pockets.

What is it like protection-wise? Does it have a sturdy feel to it in comparison to your other covers?

Color me disappointed overall . For $150 I expected better features. I'm gonna wait and see if the price goes down any before buying one.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #26
Nytngale
Enthusiast

I really miss the inside pockets too. As far as the sturdiness - it is not any heavier than my other covers and thus no improved protection. I would have definitely waited had I seen this in person. I am very disappointed as well - the price for vanity I guess.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #27
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Whoa!! I just looked at the Sony page and it's marked down to $99 !!!!! Should I buy it????
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #28
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Are you serious???? I am so disgusted with myself. How bad do you want it? Like I said it is pretty and it is D&B......
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Well....it would tie in nicely with my D&B fabric purse trimmed in what appears to be the same color!! I'm sincerely tempted!!

Aforementioned purse is sitting next to me whispering "Buy it......buy it....buy it...."
Old 02-06-2008, 12:10 AM   #30
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Think I hear a purchase approaching..........