Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #811
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I have tried that already, thought about it myself....and after several tries i realised the jailbreak is gone. Could not install anything and had to make all the steps to apply the jailbreak again. Hope there is a fix for that soon
It appears you may be in luck...the Jailbreak appears to survive the new FW 5.3.9. Why don't you just leapfrog to it?
GoSharks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #812
arad26
Zealot
arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.arad26 is no e-book dilettante.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
It appears you may be in luck...the Jailbreak appears to survive the new FW 5.3.9. Why don't you just leapfrog to it?
I already upgraded to the new FW and the jb survived....so happy.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #813
Rudde
Rudde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi! Nice hack! Is it possible to get it to work for more then 100 different screensavers? :P I have 170 and I saw everything over 100 was deleted from the device.
Rudde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #814
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@Rudde: Not in a single 'session', no. In shuffle/random mode, the full pool of images is used, but you cannot have more than 100 in a single framework life-cycle (and there's nothing we can do about it, short of updating yifan's pillow module).
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #815
Rudde
Rudde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So where do I put the pictures I want to be a part of the shuffle?
Rudde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #816
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nowhere in particular, the hack takes care of everything.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #817
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch + Paperwhite + PW2 all jailbroken
NiLuJe is the 0.8N version ok for a jailbroken PW2?
You mentioned a snapshot but I can't locate anything other than the above at the moment (probably being blind)
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #818
Yolina
Fanatic
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2 wifi, Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
but I can't locate anything other than the above at the moment (probably being blind)
here
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #819
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch + Paperwhite + PW2 all jailbroken
Thank you Yolina.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #820
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, until I get my hands on the actual device, assume the current releases aren't supported on the PW2.

USBNet, KUAL & the SCreenSavers hack should work, and for those the snapshots should be safe enough.

For the Fonts hack, on the other hand, here be dragons! I wouldn't recommend anyone checking the snapshot out unless you know what you're doing, and have a SSH/serial shell available.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #821
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD /Glo /Mini, Nexus 7.2, Nook HD, KFHD'13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Well it does as I've said I haven't tried the python .bin for the cover feature but my custom pictures are most definitely there and showing. Less work for you, can't be a bad thing
I got an error when I attempted to install the python bin. Then I went and did the linksss bin, and my screen savers work. When I looked in the directory, there is a python folder.

I have no idea if that makes any sense to anyone
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #822
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@booklover6: Which .bin (release/snapshot)? Also, what kind of error? And on which Kindle model?

Also, define 'my screensavers', because Python is actually only needed for the cover mode.

On a more general note, I know it's a little messy right now, and everyone's kind of excited, but please try to post in the appropriate thread. I've just answered an USBNet question in a compatibility thread, and this is a Python question in the KUAL thread... If you get my drift? .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-22-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #823
Yolina
Fanatic
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2 wifi, Sony PRS 650
*cough* this is the screensaver thread *cough*

And you lot are probably going to be running round like headless chicken all weekend

Last edited by Yolina; 11-22-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #824
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD /Glo /Mini, Nexus 7.2, Nook HD, KFHD'13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@booklover6: Which .bin (release/snapshot)? Also, what kind of error? And on which Kindle model?

Also, define 'my screensavers', because Python is actually only needed for the cover mode.

On a more general note, I know it's a little messy right now, and everyone's kind of excited, but please try to post in the appropriate thread. I've just answered an USBNet question in a compatibility thread, and this is a Python question in the KUAL thread... If you get my drift? .
Sorry. This is on the PW2. I don't remember the error message, but it said it did not install. This was python 0.8.N. I then put on linkss 0.15.N. I am not using the book covers, just using some pictures for screen savers.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #825
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Yolina: So it is. Oops, my bad, @booklover6 .

You should have seen the state of my notetaking today, it was truly epic .

@booklover6: Yup, the Python stuff was probably packaged earlier, thus, no PW2 support for the 'release' packages. Update to the snapshots.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch