Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
daBigR--
daBigR-- began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre reports version 0.8.52 after upgrading to 0.9.5

Hi,
I had Calibre on my work PC and I hadn't used it for a while, when I opened it today it reported an update to 0.9.5 was available. So I downloaded it and installed it with no error but when Calibre started it reported the same update was available and in the lower left corner it says it's version 0.8.52, I don't remember if that was the version I had before upgrading or not - I don't think so but I'm not sure. I tried to reinstall 0.9.5 and it detected it was already installed and only offered options to change, repair or uninstall. I tried repairing the install with no errors and it stil reports version 0.8.52. I tried installing 0.9.4 but the installer said there already was a newer version installed. I didn't think of anything else to try so I couldn't solve the problem. Any ideas?
daBigR-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daBigR-- View Post
Hi,
I had Calibre on my work PC and I hadn't used it for a while, when I opened it today it reported an update to 0.9.5 was available. So I downloaded it and installed it with no error but when Calibre started it reported the same update was available and in the lower left corner it says it's version 0.8.52, I don't remember if that was the version I had before upgrading or not - I don't think so but I'm not sure. I tried to reinstall 0.9.5 and it detected it was already installed and only offered options to change, repair or uninstall. I tried repairing the install with no errors and it stil reports version 0.8.52. I tried installing 0.9.4 but the installer said there already was a newer version installed. I didn't think of anything else to try so I couldn't solve the problem. Any ideas?
Be sure Calibre (and content-server if running) are stopped. Check the OS taskmanager
Did you use a 'download manager' (avoid )? Did you have 'Admin rights'?
Normal Calibre installs overlay the existing one. Uninstall (the preferences and Library remain) and try again with a fresh download (discard the one that failed)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daBigR-- View Post
I had Calibre on my work PC and I hadn't used it for a while, when I opened it today it reported an update to 0.9.5 was available. So I downloaded it and installed it with no error but when Calibre started it reported the same update was available and in the lower left corner it says it's version 0.8.52
I didn't think of anything else to try so I couldn't solve the problem. Any ideas?
Two reasons come to mind why you may seeing this.

1. You installed 0.8.52 in a custom location and continue launching that version even though calibre 0.9.5 is installed on your computer.

2. Same concept as 1, but you are running calibre portable and just installed the normal local version of calibre.

Also if you are running 0.8.52 you should have seen a pop up for a new version every week for the last 6 months.

What OS are you running?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Another possibility is that you set yourself up a some time to run from source. If so that always takes precedence over the binaries. You can tell if you are running from source by the fact that an asterisk will follow the version number displayed at the bottom left.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
daBigR--
daBigR-- began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanx, I uninstaled and reinstalled and it is OK now.
daBigR-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Another possibility is that you set yourself up a some time to run from source. If so that always takes precedence over the binaries. You can tell if you are running from source by the fact that an asterisk will follow the version number displayed at the bottom left.
When I started my post this was going to be included, but I had a senior moment and blanked this out. Nice add.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote