Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #211
desertblues
New York
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Happy Birthday MR and thanks to Alex, the founder of it.

From the day I stumbled in with my iLiad iRex and got welcomed by Desert Grandma, I have been touring MR and have learned a lot.
Special thanks for the the founder of Calibre, Kovid Goyal, but also to the uploaders of the perfectly formatted ebooks at the Patricia Clark's Memorial Library. Patricia's books were the first I found in 2009 in this library and is my favourite.
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=128
And of course a special thanks to the moderators, who participate with humor and good sense.
Bravo all!

What would I change? I think a more prominent place for the bookclubs.

Last edited by desertblues; 11-06-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #212
gonewild
gonewild began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hi,
I'm a newbie and I'm still trying to get comfortable with the various sections of this great forum!

I like the ebook upload and the developer's corner very much because they both satisfy my needs. For instance it's really valuable to have all informations about programs and how to use them to make your ereader work better.

An advice could be to open sections dedicated to each single device (i.e. in the kindle section a separated part for the paperwhite) in order to simplify the user experience.

Good work!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #213
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Congrats on the first 10, here's to another 10.

My favorite would probably be Reading Recommendations to get wind of the various books out there that I might be interested in adding to my TBR pile.

Can't really say what would make it better as I'm not seeing any real faults in it so far. It's probably not as populated as other forums but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I spread out between about 5-6 different forums but will focus most of my browsing on RR.

Thanks and good luck to all.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #214
astmario
Enthusiast
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Congratulations for existing so long!
My favorite section, and the thing that basically brought me here is developer section, first for Sony PRS-505, now for Kindle. It nicely organized, and I could say best place for every e-reader worldwide. But that is far from only section I visit, I read news, Calibre development, and lot of other stuff when something seams interesting.
As changes goes, I wouldn't change anything big, I like it the way it is. Only if you could change default subscription notification, I always forget to turn it off
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #215
kakapo
The Night Parrot
kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.kakapo shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Palm Vx, Kindle Keyboard (wifi)
10 years ago i was reading ebooks on my Palm Vx and i didn't know this site existed. I wish i had.

I joined up for the Kindle Developer's Corner forum (since i thought i'd mostly write programs for my Kindle 3), but i spend most of my time in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum (so many good free books, i spend most of my Kindle time reading).
Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #216
idoit
Plus
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Happy 10th birthday MR.

My favorite forum is Kindle Developer's Corner. I learned a lot about this eReader and made my Kindle a better reading device all in all.

If one can edit his/her post subject after it's been posted, that'd be awesome. (right now we have to ask a forum admin to do it.)

Thank to all those who contribute to this community.

P.S. Another favorite forum of mine is Deals, Freebies, and Resources
Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #217
lsmoore43
lsmoore43 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook or Kobo readers
Congrats on "ten" years.

I have used Calibre but never knew about this site until today.
I love all the sections I have read today. I suppose my favorite would be Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum. I have a Nook Color and Kindle and have bought several books but over all have got most free. Kindle has so many wonderful new authors and I have had the pleasure of becoming friends with 4 or 5 of the newest ones.
I am not sure exactly what to write here except that I hope to meet other people who love reading as much as I do. I wish everyone the best of luck in this contest and sure would love to win the Kindle PaperWhite.
I think I will really enjoy this site and enjoy seeing what other's are reading. Haven't seen anything that I would change about this site as of yet.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #218
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Happy 10th birthday MR!

My favorite sections on MR would be Reading Recommendations and the Kobo forums. The only thing that would be nice to see different is to be able to edit forum titles on our own. Other than that everything is awesome!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #219
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Happy 10 years!

My favorite forum is Reading Recommendations

I've discovered many new authors (to me) via the members' recommendations!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #220
Greg_H
Greg_H began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm new to the forum, but will probably be spending a lot of time in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) because I love free ebooks.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #221
bluesnow
bluesnow began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Happy birthday, wish you all the best and thanks for being here.

My favorite forums are the Sony and Kobo ones, one for each of the readers in the family (PRS650 and Kobo Touch). The forums have allowed me to get the most out of my readers and to recognize that my problems are not mine alone, but occasionally shared by lots of others.

Keep up the good work and a big thanks to all the members out there that make it great.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #222
modified
modified began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Happy Birthday!

Wow, I didn't know that this forum has been around for a decade. Congratulations!

My favourite is the Calibre section. Kovid & gang do an amazing job.

The forum works great, but I sometimes wish for a mobile-friendly version that works better on the phone.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #223
Tonto Zerbino
Tonto Zerbino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am a brand new member to the forum, only discovered it this past week while researching e-readers. I was first drawn to http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128704 as I am intrigued by the idea of doing some mod/hacks to a Kindle. There seem to be some brilliant folk here, and I'm really enjoying browsing the forums.

Congratulations on the anniversary and keep up the great work!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #224
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: K3,K4,PB360,PB360+,PB701-IQ und noch diverse andere Lesegeräte....
Congratulations Mobileread!

My preferred section is the german forum because my english very bad.
If i have any Reader-Problems - on MR i can found the solution.... :-)
Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #225
simond
Evangelist
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD,Kobo Mini,iPad Mini,iPhone, Icarus HD, Nexus 7
Happy 10th birthday, I think I missed the launch of this site due to my daughter being born around 10 years ago, that's my excuse anyway! I first got into eBooks with Riding the Bullet and haven't looked back yet. I like the variety of info you can find and how responsive developers are.
Closed Thread