Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
luphy
luphy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Working around a broken screen?

Hi everyone.

I have a Kindle 4 NT, and unfortunately there is a small chunk of the screen that no longer refreshes.

Here is a pic:

Its not as bad as it could be, but it still obscures the progress bar. I tried changing the resolution the framebuffer outputs with fbset, but it seemed to have no effect. I also tried librerator, but unfortunately, there didn't seem to be a way to push all of the content up a few pixels, so some of the text was obscured.

Is there any way that I can make it so the content on the screen gets pushed up a few pixels?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by luphy; 02-08-2016 at 06:41 PM.
luphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
knc1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <- Clueless
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nothing KV or newer, not interested.
Reduce the size of your posted image to be within posting guide lines.

Yes, twobob made a utility for exactly that problem, see the FGA for tips on searching this site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
luphy
luphy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Reduce the size of your posted image to be within posting guide lines.

Yes, twobob made a utility for exactly that problem, see the FGA for tips on searching this site.
Yeah, I resized the image to below 600x600 pretty much immediately after posting it.

Got the scrolling utility set up and working, thanks!
luphy is offline   Reply With Quote