Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
Slone
Slone began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One
Downloading ebooks from Kobo

OK so I feel like a complete idiot but I have to admit defeat.

Normally I download it put it in Calibre and then transfer it to the reader. It's the way I have always done it and when I got my mini a few weeks ago it's how I uploaded books also.

I've purchased my first book through Kobo. I log into kobo online and it's there in my library, I can read it. Same with Kobo desktop, it's there and I can read it. I can't see any way of transferring it to my reader and when I press the download it downloads a .acsm file.

I've used the .acsm file to get the book through Digital Editions. I'm then uploading it into Calibre to get the tags I want and onto the reader.

It just seems like a long way round. Surly I am missing something really simple can I not just download the file as an ebook and not go through the hassle with the .acsm file.
Slone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you want to use the true e-pub version that you can use in calibre you're stuck the way you are. If you use the Kobo kepub version it will go straight to the reader but you can't play with it in calibre.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Slone
Slone began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One
Righty-ho. Guess I wasn't being as daft as I thought
Slone is offline   Reply With Quote