10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US southeast
Device: PRS-T2, Nexus 7, KindleT, Kindle3KB, iPad1
calibre Help Resources - links and brief descriptions
Getting Started with calibre
Help on MobileRead
- calibre Installation. Download calibre from the official calibre site, calibre ebook management. When calibre is installed for the first time, the Welcome Wizard helps with initial set up. The calibre application is free, open source, available for multiple platforms, and accommodates a wide range of users from beginning to advanced.
- calibre Video Tutorials. Watch the video tutorials Grand Tour, and Tips for fast orientation to calibre.
- Quick Start Guide. Read the Quick Start Guide, a book provided in the calibre library with the calibre installation.
- Tooltips. Pay attention to the calibre tooltips. These little boxes that come up when hovering the cursor over something contain important help messages about how calibre works. Tooltips for recent changes in calibre may be more up to date than the calibre user manual due to the rapid software update schedule.
- calibre GUI. Read the Graphical User Interface section of the calibre User Manual.
- calibre FAQ. Read the Frequently Asked Questions section of the calibre User Manual.
- calibre FAQ about Device. For information about integrating calibre with reading devices, see calibre User Manual, Frequently Asked Questions, Device Integration.
- calibre User Manual. Read relevant sections of the calibre User Manual as necessary to learn about calibre features and commands.
- calibre Blog. To learn about various calibre features, see the blog calibre tips and tricks. It has lots of screen shots.
- calibre for Beginners. Refer to the help file calibre for Beginners for simple explanations and tips.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM). The term Digital Rights Management refers to a variety of copy-protection schemes for digital media files. Read DRM, MobileRead wiki for background information on DRM pertaining to ebooks. Search the internet for Apprentice Alf to find additional information.
- MobileRead. Learn about ebooks, reading devices, and other ebook related topics in the MobileRead Wiki. Read recent threads for discussion of various topics in the MobileRead Forums. MobileRead accommodates a wide range of users from beginning to advanced in many ebook-related knowledge and skill areas.
- calibre Forum. On MobileRead, browse the calibre Forum and its Sub-Forums for Library Management, Devices, Plugins, Conversion, Recipes, Catalogs, and Development. Search them to find information and discussion on topics of interest.
- Stickies. Read the stickies, special threads at the top of a MobileRead forum. Some stickies may be more up to date or provide more detail than the calibre user manual due to the rapid software update schedule.
- Questions and Problems. Ask or report in the appropriate calibre forum when the calibre User Manual, stickies, and searching the forums do not seem to address a question or problem. Start a new thread. Put the specific question or problem in the title of the post with a question mark, and context and details in the body of the post. For technical problems, also include calibre version number (bottom left of calibre window) and operating system name and version.
- eBook Creation Tutorials. Read the tutorials about creating and converting ebooks. There are links to them from the official calibre Help page Getting Help with calibre.
Last edited by unboggling; 10-17-2012 at 10:42 PM.