Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
lauren123
lauren123 began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader 350
little help please?

So...im wanting to sell my sony ereader 350 and buy one with wifi. But what do i need to do to this one before i sell it? I want to sell it with the books on it but do i need to un register or something so that the buyer can make it their own? How do i do this? Thanks
lauren123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Mini,Sony T1, Galaxy Tab 10.1,Samsung S2 phone,iPod Touch
If your books are DRM'd they wouldn't be able to read them anyways if your account info was removed... I suggest a full factory reset which will remove everything, including the books.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
lauren123
lauren123 began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader 350
Sorry but what does drm'd mean? How do i perform a full factory reset then? Would thay then enable someone else to use it from scratch?
lauren123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Mini,Sony T1, Galaxy Tab 10.1,Samsung S2 phone,iPod Touch
DRM = Digital Rights Management. It's a type of digital lock that prevents any books purchased on your account from being read on someone else's...
From the MobileRead Wiki:
Hard Reset (PRS-350/650/950)
WARNING: A HARD RESET WILL ERASE ALL CONTENT ON THE READER.
1. Power off the Reader Digital Book.
NOTE: If the Reader Digital Book is active, you can slide and hold the power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears and then tap Yes to power it off.
2. On the bottom edge of the Reader Digital Book, using a thin object such as a paper clip, press the RESET button.
3. Turn on the Reader Digital Book.
4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the Previous Page Turn button and the Size button until the Reset All screen is displayed.
NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.
5. In the Reset All screen, press the OPTIONS button to delete all content, restore all factory settings, and clear the DRM authorization state.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS950, T1, T2, iPad, Nook
Prior to the reset you should connect the Reader to your computer, start the Sony Reader Library software, sign into your account, go to the "Manage My Devices" under "My Account" and "deauthorize" it. This will remove it from your account and allow another person to register it.

Regards,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote