Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
njess
njess began at the beginning.

Device: none
Buy one in London

Does anybody know where to buy a Kobo Glow or a Kindle PW in central London?
njess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
pbrstreetgang42
pbrstreetgang42 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
Any WHSmith store should carry the Kobo glo and new mini BUT the Kindle paperwhite is not currently for sale in the UK!!!
pbrstreetgang42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
njess

Do you know how much it is and if they have it on display for you to test?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
simond
Evangelist
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD,Kobo Mini,iPad Mini,iPhone, Icarus HD, Nexus 7
I know the Holborn Circus branch of Smiths had loads of Glo's last week. I actually have to return an extra one I ordered by accident there soon!

They're £99.99 and they'll prob get one out to show you but last I checked they had no actual demo units yet.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
njess

Is there anybody else who has seen one out on display somewhere in London?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Sony PRS-350
Your best bet is probably to phone a couple of WH Smith shops near you and ask if they have any demo models of the Glo.

I tried a couple of my local shops last week and they didn't have any (I don't stay in London though!), but I'm pretty sure there has been a couple of posts by people saying they have seen demo models.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
Try WH Smith's in Westfield at White City or the one at Stratford next to the Olympic Park they have the Glo and Mini as well as the older models.
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote