Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
new mac, how to get old Calibre library back

I got a new mac not too long ago, I used the Migration Assistant to get everything from my Time Capsule onto the new mac. Most everything worked seamlessly.

I just opened Calibre for the first time, and it said there was a permissions problem (I think?) and it couldn't open the old library. (My username is different on the new computer.) It started a new library, which is empty. How do I find and import the old library?

Thanks,
eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I got a new mac not too long ago, I used the Migration Assistant to get everything from my Time Capsule onto the new mac. Most everything worked seamlessly.

I just opened Calibre for the first time, and it said there was a permissions problem (I think?) and it couldn't open the old library. (My username is different on the new computer.) It started a new library, which is empty. How do I find and import the old library?

Thanks,
eP
FIND the old Library:
Use the OS to search for metadata.db. There should now be 2, you want the LOCATION of larger one (there will also be lots of authors folders there)

Note that location.
2 ways/choices:
1) (Calibre must not be running)
You can just copy EVERYTHING that is inside that folder with metadata.db to the other (current empty library) location, REPLACE ALL.

2) Just tell calibre to use the location found: Right click the Library icon: Create/Switch: Use existing: <use location noted previously>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
It worked, thank you very much!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote