Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
UI Question for Aura One users

Is it possible to set up the display so that tapping anywhere will do a page forward, and a page backwards will only happen on a swipe?

Thanks for the help.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:16 AM   #2
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I'm not an aura one owner but I believe the software is the same across readers which would mean that no, it is not possible. I think I remember being able to do something similar on my modified PRS-650 though.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:39 AM   #3
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Thanks. How about can you set it so the bottom half of the screen goes forward and the top half goes back?

I am looking for a solution that is symmetrical so that I can switch hands without thinking about it.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:46 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
The firmware on the Aura One is the same as on the other devices. There are four choices. See the screenshot here. The arrows indicate the tap direction, the third area is to display the menu.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:47 AM   #5
ewphoenix123
Groupie
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PRS-700, PRS-650, PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O
yes that is possible.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; iPad air; Kindle PW2and Voyage; Kobo AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Thanks. How about can you set it so the bottom half of the screen goes forward and the top half goes back?

I am looking for a solution that is symmetrical so that I can switch hands without thinking about it.
Another option for turning pages is swiping (that's what I usually do). A right to left swipe moves forward a page and left to right moves backward.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote