Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
RTL
RTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRTL exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
KOBO Aura H2O supports RTL (Arabic)?

Hello, all,

I need an e-ink reader to read RTL Arabic text. With some reading and research, I found out that the Kobo aura h2o supports the EPUB 3.0 format, which itself technically supports the RTL (Right-to-Left) Arabic text.

Anyone here who is using that Kobo has any experience reading such text successfully? I need some advice and confirmation before I buy. The Kobo technical support staff has no idea about it. And No brick store nearby sells such Kobo reader and thus I could not test before I buy.

Thanks for your help in advance.
RTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:09 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O
Yes, the kepub reader supports Arabic and RTL text display if an appropriate font is loaded. There has been several threads discussing this and other related issues in the last few months. A search will find them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:43 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Is it supported for both ePub and kEpub formats?

Oops... I see you did answer that David. Sorry to look stupid.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote