Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Chris_Snow
Connoisseur
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Kobo Search - Default to Library

Hello my fine fellow readers

I was wondering if there is some tweak that can make the Kobo ereader software default to library instead of the usual store. I'm running a Glo.

Thx.
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
Hello my fine fellow readers

I was wondering if there is some tweak that can make the Kobo ereader software default to library instead of the usual store. I'm running a Glo.

Thx.
There was a patch to do so for earlier Kobo firmware versions but so far, not for firmware 3.5.0

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Chris_Snow
Connoisseur
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

I haven't upgraded yet, so that should be fine. Any idea exactly what I should be searching for?
Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
I haven't upgraded yet, so that should be fine. Any idea exactly what I should be searching for?
Check the Instructions for patching firmware 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 3.5.x ( http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=238175 )thread in the Kobo Developer's Corner for more information.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Chris_Snow
Connoisseur

Thx for that link. I found a couple myself, but it really looks quite scary. Don't want to brick my device.