Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
zhangrace
zhangrace began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Where can I find Kobo configuration files?

I recently purchased a Kobo Aura secondhand. I've been doing alright figuring out how to sideload epubs from Calibre but I need some help enabling the full screen option. I understand that I need to make changes to the Koboereader.config file but there are no folders in my Kobo drive besides those from Calibre and my fonts folder. I am sure there is a simple solution that I am missing! I am using a Mac. Thanks!
zhangrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
By default Mac hides those folders. You need to find and follow instructions on the web as to how to do this. See for instance How to show hidden files and folders in Mac OS X Finder or Quickly Show/Hide Hidden Files on Mac OS X Mavericks & Yosemite
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
zhangrace
zhangrace began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thank you for the reply Peter! I suspected this was the case but wasn't able to find a show/hide option on my own.
zhangrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch
If you're comfortable with terminal, use the cd command to do something like

cd /Volumes/Kobo(whatever the volume is)/.kobo

open ./

Opens a finder window to it
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
If you're comfortable with terminal, use the cd command to do something like

cd /Volumes/Kobo(whatever the volume is)/.kobo

open ./

Opens a finder window to it
(That's a trick I often use on Windows, except after changing to the directory i do a
Code:
start .
).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote