Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
RikuNoctis
Ultimate One
RikuNoctis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10, Sony PRS T2
Question Unable to reach the plugin update page.

Hi... ^^

I just updated calibre to the latest version (2.56.0) and, when I went to the plugins page to check for updates (which I do everytime after new release) I got this error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Update Check Failed: Unable to reach the plugin index page.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 434, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 61, in read_available_plugins
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\https.py", line 198, in get_https_resource_securely
  File "httplib.py", line 1208, in connect
  File "httplib.py", line 793, in connect
  File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
After the error message, the user plugin page shows up, but without any of my already installed plugins. Then, when I try to use the search bar on said page, it gives me this error:
Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'PluginUpdaterDialog' object has no attribute 'proxy_model'

calibre 2.56  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates && EpubSplit && Search The Internet && Favourites Menu && Generate Cover && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && EpubMerge
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 637, in _filter_name_lineedit_changed
AttributeError: 'PluginUpdaterDialog' object has no attribute 'proxy_model'
...and this other error when using the 64-bit version:
Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'PluginUpdaterDialog' object has no attribute 'proxy_model'

calibre 2.56 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.9
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Generate Cover && Find Duplicates && EpubMerge && Favourites Menu && Search The Internet && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && EpubSplit
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 637, in _filter_name_lineedit_changed

Now, I did a little search on the forums and found that this issue has happened before, so I did the steps described in this thread to fix my problem, but to no avail. I installed the certificates described but the problem is still there.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits, and I've been using calibre since a long time ago and without problems until now.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by RikuNoctis; 05-07-2016 at 02:11 PM.
RikuNoctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuNoctis View Post
Hi... ^^

I just updated calibre to the latest version (2.56.0) and, when I went to the plugins page to check for updates (which I do everytime after new release) I got this error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Update Check Failed: Unable to reach the plugin index page.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 434, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 61, in read_available_plugins
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\https.py", line 198, in get_https_resource_securely
  File "httplib.py", line 1208, in connect
  File "httplib.py", line 793, in connect
  File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
After the error message, the user plugin page shows up, but without any of my already installed plugins. Then, when I try to use the search bar on said page, it gives me this error:
Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0

calibre 2.56  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
Python 2.7.9
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates && EpubSplit && Search The Internet && Favourites Menu && Generate Cover && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && EpubMerge
...and this other error when using the 64-bit version:
Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0

calibre 2.56 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.9
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Generate Cover && Find Duplicates && EpubMerge && Favourites Menu && Search The Internet && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && EpubSplit

Now, I did a little search on the forums and found that this issue has happened before, so I did the steps described in this thread to fix my problem, but to no avail. I installed the certificates described but the problem is still there.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits, and I've been using calibre since a long time ago and without problems until now.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The site seems to be down

You can always do a Manual install/update (overwrites) from the Plugins forums
Download, but do NOT unzip
Preferences: Plugins: Load from File (button in lower right): <the ZIP file (PI package) you downloaded>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:55 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Rackspace was having issues briefly should be fine now.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
RikuNoctis
Ultimate One
RikuNoctis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10, Sony PRS T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The site seems to be down

You can always do a Manual install/update (overwrites) from the Plugins forums
Download, but do NOT unzip
Preferences: Plugins: Load from File (button in lower right): <the ZIP file (PI package) you downloaded>
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks a lot for the help. It works now.
I thought it was a bug or something that I did while using calibre.

Thanks again, and I think this should be closed now.
RikuNoctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:51 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I thought that they guaranteed 100% uptime?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I thought that they guaranteed 100% uptime?
No, not as far as I know. I dont see how it would be possible to guarantee 100% uptime for a virtual machine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote