Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
loramarthalas
loramarthalas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle for OSX

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have a bunch of books that I've bought in the Kindle for Mac app 1.10.3. What I'd like to know is, where are they stored on the Mac? I can't find them anywhere. Older versions had a 'My Kindle Content' folder, or something like that. This version, the sandboxed app store version 1.10.3, seems to hide them.

Can anyone tell me where they are? Are they stored on Amazon's cloud? Are the books not even physically in my possession anymore? It makes me a bit nervous that I can't even find the files that I paid for on my computer.

Cheers
Loramar.
loramarthalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Open the app, look under preferences, and you can move the folder wherever you want.

Off the top of my head, I believe the default location is in your library folder, which is now hidden by default in OS X.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
loramarthalas
loramarthalas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yep, you can move the folder under preferences. That's awesome. Thanks so much for the reply.
loramarthalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
The default folder location that the Kindle app preferences reports does not tally to the actual place where they are stored (a side effect of sandboxing I suppose).

Although the preferences pane indicates that the files should be in "<home>/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content" that path doesn't actually exist.

On my machine the files are in "/Users/<user name>/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content"

Kris
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote