Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
ctitanic
Enthusiast
ctitanic is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsug Q1 UMPC
Order Status changed

My order status changed to Shipping Soon! I place the order on November 13th.
ctitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctitanic View Post
Congrats!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
ctitanic
Enthusiast

More info, I was checking the mobile site and there is not too much info. In the normal site, they have this:
Shipping estimate:January 11, 2008 - January 25, 2008
Delivery estimate:January 15, 2008 - January 29, 2008

Come on guys, today is 16, they should have updated the dates to something more realistic, like
January 17 to January 25 and Delivery estimate to January 18 to January 29. Or something like that!

Anyway... the good thing is that my Kindle order is being processed! That's what counts!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
ctitanic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctitanic View Post
Thanks! I was really tired of converting and preparing classics! Got more than 300 already in my 1 Gb SD Card!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
crusader666
Enthusiast
crusader666 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; EB-1150
That info is VERY helpful, as it might help others who are wondering how long the wait is. I placed my order a few weeks ago and have not yet been provided with any type of estimate.
crusader666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Congrats, and sigh ...

I ordered mine 1/7, I may not see it before the snow melts.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
BillZ
BillZ began at the beginning.

Device: Mobireader on Windows Mobile
I ordered mine on Dec 18th. Amazon Mobile WAS showing 31 Jan as a ship date, but it has changed to "We'll send you an email when we have a shipping date"
Has this happened to anyone else?
Has anyone ACTUALLY received an email with a shipping date?
BillZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Argggh! I placed my order 12/31. Looks like "in time for my birthday" might not have been a bad guess. And that's two months away yet. Sighhhhhhhhh.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #9
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
ordered one 12/29, no email yet
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
keving1701
Trekker
keving1701 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered on 1/9. With luck I might get it before March 1????

I just received the memory card today, so I can at least start loading up with some of the free books available in this forum.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Kevin
keving1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #11
ctitanic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
I ordered mine on Dec 18th. Amazon Mobile WAS showing 31 Jan as a ship date, but it has changed to "We'll send you an email when we have a shipping date"
Has this happened to anyone else?
Has anyone ACTUALLY received an email with a shipping date?
They removed the dates in all accounts. And yes I received an email with my shipping date. I ordered on Dec 13.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #12
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I ordered Dec 14th. No shipping info on both sites, but there's a pending authorization on my credit card that showed up today! Maybe that means it's shipping soon! :crosses finger:

I just noticed that the order still shows no shipping info from the main but it does show shipping info if you go into the order itself. SHIPPING SOON!

Shipping estimate:January 17, 2008 - January 31, 2008
Delivery estimate:January 24, 2008 - February 13, 2008

Last edited by GatorDeb; 01-17-2008 at 11:42 AM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
ctitanic
Enthusiast

My CC has a pending charge from Yesterday but beside them changing to Shipping Soon at Amazon I have not received any email either.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
Hoodwink
Hoodwink began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3g, Kindle v1
I had to ask. Ordered mine on 12/8 and they say I should have it in my hot l'il hands by 1/25
Hoodwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
Hoodwink
Hoodwink began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3g, Kindle v1
Shipped! Ordered 12/8, shipped 1/17, expected delivery 1/25
Hoodwink is offline   Reply With Quote