Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
This file comes from the Spanish Sony webpage... It is supposed to be an European valid file...
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
This really installs on an European T2? (The file is identical to the one you can download from Sony's US website.)
I just installed the file the Sony software offered me to install (the location of the Sony software is set to US, however). My reader was bought in Germany and has that strange firmware restriction that does not allow me to select US as my region (and store).

It has kept this annoying restriction with the update (I only installed it because I hoped they'd changed their minds about that).

Matt
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
This file comes from the Spanish Sony webpage... It is supposed to be an European valid file...
We suppose that Sony might have screwed something up.

There exist different and incompatible 1.0.03 firmware updates for European devices.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
I just installed the file the Sony software offered me to install (the location of the Sony software is set to US, however).
So you did not download it (yourself) from a European website.

Anyone?

Last edited by ebmr; 10-11-2012 at 04:43 PM.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
So you did not download it (yourself) from a European website.
No. I don't see what difference it makes, though. Either I got the US version of the file (because of the region settings of the software) and it did install fine on my European T2 or I got a European version of the file because it checked the hardware.

In any case, I would've thought that you asked because you wanted, you know, to actually install the update (which, as I can confirm, works splendidly). And since you'd be happy with an .exe file, I'd say Windows isn't a big problem for you. You could even refuse to install the update and just grab the file from your download directory once the Sony software has downloaded it.

You could even uninstall the Sony software if you don't like it.

Pardon me for trying to help.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert