Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #46
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
The Butler did it, in the library, with the fireplace poker.
If not, then I don't have a Clue.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #47
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
MEh, I'm not playing you at this game. You been reading my cards again?

Okay sunburn too much to bear (enjoyably), sleeptime.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #48
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Q&A

"Structured Wiki" -> the doc: http://doc.tiki.org/Structures

One exception to the above, the "Watch Structure" feature had to be disabled, it will "White Screen" if selected.
The "Watch Structure Icon" remains, but does not seem to do either harm nor good.
Individual pages of the structure may be "watched", same as any other Wiki page.

Since each entry in the structure is a Wiki page, the permissions are set the same as for other Wiki pages on the site for Anonymous, Registered, and Editors.

Editors may add, delete, and modify the actual structure.
Logged in members have the same permissions as any other Wiki page.
Anonymous visitors may view.

Our first (Test & Demo) structure's home page:
http://minimodding.com/KindleExercise
Which, at the moment, has only the system provided TOC and navigation aids.

The "Basic Knowledge" and "Battery System" pages are currently blank.

The FAQtest page is now a member of the "Basic Knowledge" section.
It now has the system provided navigation aids, which provides a Test&Demo of how those work.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #49
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Structure Fluff

The **problem** with comments on a page in a Wiki structure was "Operator Error".

The system generated (blank) pages for a new Wiki Structure has the "Comment" property disabled. It must be "Enabled" in the properties tab when editing the page contents.

Now, back to fixing the FreeTag problem and once that is resolved; call this 2012-FaceLift "Done".
Old 09-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #50
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sweet!

Great work there
Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #51
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Thanks.
Now if I could just find a PHP contractor to fix these FreeTag modules ...

I think I stumbled into why you have to re-fresh a page after clicking the "display attached files" button.
But that one is not what I want most to fix.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #52
twobob

I have spent most of my day practising massaging BR output into helpful boxes.

My shell scripting skills were/are like err. seriously rusty.

php is yet another language I have done a couple of projects in and never looked back :\

One language to Rule all, One language to find them... etc.. (That would be nice)
Old 09-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #53
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

I think I found the answer to the slow response times of TikiWiki, throw some horsepower at it:
http://www.seamicro.com/node/213

256 cores when populated with Intel processors, 512 cores when populated with AMD processors.
Will fit in the corner rack under my work table.

Maximum number of concurrent connections: 32,000,000
If MiniModding.com ever gets that popular ...

Base price of about $140,000 plus I would guess another $70,000 to trick it out with all the ram and disk drives the box supports.

Hmm...
Would have to have an upgrade to my aDSL modem, the current one does not support the 16, 10Gbps network links.

Last edited by knc1; 09-19-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #54
twobob

so.... about 210k? for that badboy?

seems like a bargain.... Other than the tiny detail of raising almost a 1/4 of a million it's a done deal!!

aDSL modem... err.. yeah... might need to set aside an extra 10k or so for a road digger and prepare the neighbours for some slight disruption as they tear up the street outside your gaff....

Other than that? Perfect. Heck sign me up... If I gave blood at $1 a pint for the next... hmm... let's see 1 pint a day... I could buy that in... 575 years!!!

Excellent...

Alternately we could see what the multicore (extra 6) rework does in the interim

hehehe
Old 09-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #55
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

I'll have it flown in, then leave it at the airport.
Hurricane Electric has a hub on their 10Gbs fiber network at the airport.
Ram by the Tetra-byte, disk by the Petra-byte ...
Four per rack, five racks would be 20 boxes. 20 is a "special number" it only takes 3 ports each to interconnect them.

These would do nicely:
http://www.42u.com/apc-42u-rack.htm
Photo at top of page, 10,240 - 4-way, hyper-threaded cores.

A nice little compute cluster. Just bits of condensate.

Slogan over the door:
This is where the cloud condenses.

If you can stand Redhat Linux (which is the default OS).

Come on:

Last edited by knc1; 09-19-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #56
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

Alternately we could see what the multicore (extra 6) rework does in the interim

hehehe
Tech. support claims they fixed the problem last night.
They didn't, I just asked them to try again.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...

Will be diddling with the few remaining problems.
I hope to have this site reopened to the general public sometime, RSN - - no more: "PM me for the registration code".

What can I offer the original "Nerd Crew" that helped fill the empty Kindle pages before the public opening?
Bragging rights and a limited time, "free ride" when (if) the site goes subscription based.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #57
twobob

Heck yeah... Gonna be one serious sack-full for the big lad.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #58
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Strange things can be done by IFRAME - -
http://www.ozdeerismis.com/myimgmini...i-register.php

Strange to find our registration form on a Turkish web-site, but there it is.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #59
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
It was a rough two days, but now back on-line with the php bytecode cache defined to service all 8 cores, not just 2 of them.

The 20-box cluster of "bad boy" boxes will just have to wait for to bring me a really big check.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #60
twobob

YAY! nice work. well... you anyways.