Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Oh. Insufficient context in previous post. I was looking at http://mobileread.com.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Sigh... I've used xda dev. at great length in my former life as an implementation consultant for Windows mobile 5. (no I really did that, I have lot's of outdated devices I should put on my devices lists I suppose)

If someone was to try to shift the focus there away from the kindle fire. Well. good luck to them. The SNR there would be significantly higher but for different reasons IMHO.
I'm going to go for this other one. For no reason other than it's there and shiny. what more reason do you need? Meh, a change is as good as a rest.

Anyways this is a discussion about what the devs want isn't it?
for me a "shady nook" would be a good thing.

That is all.
Split discussion arguments aside it remains obvious the MR is the release platform of choice to reach the most users, and no-one is looking to change or dispute that but to resist having more resource seems a bit - well - wrong.

Each to their own.
Higher numbers = more better, as someone once said.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #18
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am looking forward to more good stuff at minimodding. Let's see where this new ride takes us.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I am looking forward to more good stuff at minimodding.
Let's see where this new ride takes us.
The new ride is hitting some speed bumps:
http://minimodding.com/FreeTagNotes
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.

Quote:
The new ride is hitting some speed bumps:
http://minimodding.com/FreeTagNotes
Don't you just love "dirty diapers on the dinner table"?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #21
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don't you just love "dirty diapers on the dinner table"?
I am so much in love with "dirty diapers on the dinner table" that I am going to go out and dig up some more Sh.. this morning.

I have never tried using the "FAQ" sub-system.
Will enable it this morning and give it a try.

Probably will start out with a single answer:
"Re-charge the Battery".
Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #22
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heh. I vote for "FULLY recharge the Battery" Assume nothing.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Quote:
I am so much in love with "dirty diapers on the dinner table" that I am going to go out and dig up some more Sh.. this morning.

I have never tried using the "FAQ" sub-system.
Will enable it this morning and give it a try.

Probably will start out with a single answer:
"Re-charge the Battery".
The FAQ feature has been deprecated and should not be used for any new Tiki sites.

But there are other, better, ways to do it.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.

Wow! This looks awesome:
http://blog.rlove.org/2010/10/kindle-3-kernel.html

I wonder if it can be updated to a newer kernel.

EDIT: But sadly, his whole Kindle folder tree is missing from kernel.org:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-14-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #25
twobob

Yifan Lu said of that "He diffed the sources, nothing is of interest"

All he was doing was seeing "what was updated" IIRC by 126

Spinlocks inprovements etc.

But yeah, I was basically attempting to do this yesterday. I'm struggling for time atm but when I get caught up I'll have a look with the LUAdiff thingy that knc1 posted about

Far as I can tell there an no kernel level differences in 3.3 over 3.4
(but I'm probably wrong)

Last edited by twobob; 09-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #26
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Quote:
Wow! This looks awesome:
http://blog.rlove.org/2010/10/kindle-3-kernel.html

I wonder if it can be updated to a newer kernel.

EDIT: But sadly, his whole Kindle folder tree is missing from kernel.org:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/
That date on the original repo was before kernel.org was hacked.

Many of the repos moved to other repository services.
Maybe a web search engine could find where this one move to.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Quote:
The FAQ feature has been deprecated and should not be used for any new Tiki sites.

But there are other, better, ways to do it.
It looks like the Kindle "Frequently Asked Questions" will be built using a "wiki structure".

One of the 48 sub-systems of TikiWiki I have never used before.
An adventure I am saving for tomorrow.

On a more important note:
There is most certainly a "cookie clash" happening between Mobileread and MiniModding

Will dig into that, since it effects users of both sites.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@knc1: Yep, I can confirm that something isn't quite right on MM: I keep getting logged out .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #29
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.

For me, MM pages are loading frustratingly slowly. Hopefully that can be solved before it attracts more traffic. But other than speed issues, the things I tried seem to be working well enough (so far).
Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #30
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: Yep, I can confirm that something isn't quite right on MM: I keep getting logged out .
GM has reported similar "time-out" problems.

I have noticed just the opposite - I keep getting logged out of Mobileread

Plus, the Read/Unread highlighting here is getting trashed by something.

Will have to do some cookie tracing tomorrow, if I can find the problem, I can re-name the cookies used my mmg.

If I can't find the problem, I might just re-name the cookies used by mmg out of spite.

All registered members should have received a notice about the permission system having been reset. One possible source of the problems.

Everyone try clearing all *.minimodding.com cookies in their browser.
(The hint at the bottom of the home page MOD)

Edit:
I can't find any cookie names shared between the two sites.

That only means the problem will be harder to find.

The Apache logs only show two internal errors today - both the result of google trying to update its webcache.

Last edited by knc1; 09-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.