Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
namuh1
namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Droid X
Hello from New England

Hi, I'm new here.... well.. obviously. I'm a Farmer and enjoy reading but printed material is becoming unmanageable, so I'm exploring digital content. I mentioned rope work in my profile, but I guess what I really practice is netting and slinging and sling making.
namuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW, K-Touch, Nook GL, K-Fire
Welcome to MR!
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Hello namuh1. So you enjoy both farming and reading? Welcome.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi namuh1 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
namuh1
namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.namuh1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

@StoryEnthusiast: Did I say I enjoyed farming? *sly smile* well... I suppose I do... lol

Science Fiction and Mysteries are my main genre, but I'm reasonably well read in other veins. Farming is my 'retirement' pursuit. My primary work was in data processing and my education was in mathematical physics, but that was a past life. Today I use a calculator to add up the groceries...

Patience please as I learn the protocol of the forum as I would not want to step on any toes. A quick correction will bring quick compliance in the event I've missed a rule or instance of etiquette.

And to all of you: Thank you for the welcome and for letting me join the forum.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
No, you actually did not say you enjoyed farming. My bad! (I actually don't want to use this bad English expression, but it's now the mainstream). I once majored in pure math, then switched to business, and ended up doing IT. Sorry I went off the topic, which is -- welcome to MR. You'll find a lot of information and good tips.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
namuh1

@Story
Well to use another 'nouveau' expression that I'm equally not fond of: It's all good.

New Zealand is one of the few places I haven't been and have always longed to visit. But an interesting anecdote is that back in the mid-eighties I 'almost' landed a job as an IT staffer at the University of Waikato in Hamilton. Alas, it didn't happen, but I was excited for a while.'

As far as the 'off topic' part, I would think that an introduction and welcome thread would naturally include some background and life position information to bring members up to speed. ... no?

Cheers,
namuh1
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello, Namuh. Welcome to the boards. What kind of farm do you own?

Last edited by Russell Brooks; 09-21-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
namuh1

@Russell Brooks Sorry for the late response, we've been away. We do not keep animals. Our primary crops are: Sunflowers for oil, Hops for the beer industry and Bilberries for the medical/herbal sector. We're retired and run the farm for a little retirement income but mostly for the fun of being outdoors and close to the land. Lol, when it stops being fun, we'll let it go back to forest.

Cheers,
namuh1
Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok, sweet. I still have a way to go before retirement.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote