Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab S8.4, Boyue T62, Galaxy S6, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony 950, K3 3G, Fire HDX
Help!! Factory reset gives me non English menus!

I did a factory reset on my Boox T68 because I wanted to erase everything I've done, but now everything is in a foreign language. How do I get back to English?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found it. What I thought was the description for the language was where I needed to tap to change the language. It doesn't help that this doesn't have the standard Android settings menu. That would have made it much easier to find.

Advertisement
Old 02-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
jdefgts
jdefgts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color - CM7
Same problem - need solution

Purple Lady,

I too did a factory reset and found myself immersed in Chinese. Can you reveal the solution?

Thanks
jdefgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Wizard

I don't have the T68 anymore, but I think I had the same issue on my T62. After selecting Language and keyboard from the settings menu (about halfway down?), the top selection in Chinese there should be where you need to tap to be able to choose English. The choice will be in English so you just need to scroll until you see it. Here's a screenshot of the Language and keyboard screen from my T62 - where you see English(United States) on the top of the screen is where you will need to tap to get to the list of languages.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1454693190983.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	146076