|04-20-2012, 04:46 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Device: Kindle Touch
Browse any web site with Kindle Touch 3G
This is not my idea... Credit goes to a Chinese guy called dgejal at bbs.duokan.com. I am just translating his post into English.
I was actually debating if I should publicize this to a greater extent, given Amazon does watch...
Well, here's how you can browse any web site over KT's 3G connection.
1. Go to Settings, Reading Options, Social Networks, make sure your don't have your Twitter account linked. Unlink it if you do.
2. Select Link Account under Twitter.
3. The Twitter login page will show up. Don't login here, instead, click the Twitter icon at upper left corner, it will bring you to the Twitter homepage.
4. Login with your Twitter account now. It won't go back to Kindle's Manage Your Social Networks page.
5. Send a tweet with the URL you wait to go. For instance, tweet "www.google.com"
6. Click on Home to force a refresh. You should see your last tweet now.
7. Click on the URL
You are free now... One catch, some web site gave me 'Can not connect' error, not sure why.
Fine print: I hold zero responsibility on whatever action Amazon might take on your device...
Last edited by Nate the great; 04-21-2012 at 09:51 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Kindle Touch 3G - no web browsing via 3G?||DreamWriter||Amazon Kindle||151||01-06-2012 10:27 PM|
|Amazon answers Kindle Touch 3G web browsing availability||malone76||Amazon Kindle||18||11-24-2011 02:11 PM|
|Kindle Touch -- No Web Browsing on 3G||emellaich||News||4||10-03-2011 04:31 PM|
|How to browse web on Kindle DX through USB?||luyt||Kindle Developer's Corner||0||04-16-2011 05:32 AM|
|Kindle 3G Outside US can I browse web sites?||teufelsohn||Amazon Kindle||9||01-21-2011 10:49 PM|