|08-02-2013, 02:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2013
Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Touch 3G
Kindle Keyboard Stuck at bootscrren and not charging
Kindle keyboard stuck at boot screen and not charging.
I use KK often and consider it one of my best gadgets.
I was reading it with low charge. Suddenly it started indexing and got stuck while restarting.
1. Stuck at boot screen with progress bar at around 20% ( boy under a tree with progress bar)
2. It is not charging when connected to power outlet/laptop as orange light automatically turns off after a few seconds.When pulled out and replugged it again turns off after a few seconds.
(tried different charger and cable including the kindle adapter)
3. Tried hard booting 20 sec method several times without result
4. Boot screen(boy under a tree with progress bar) is consistent throughout (3 days) the time without restart or anything
5. Unable to explore in computer when plugged.
Some Points :
Battery may not be the problem as it was taking charge quite fast a few days back and holding it 4-6 weeks without problem
Power switch may be the problem as it seems to trip.
I have updated firmware to v3.4 a few weeks back – any glitches may be possible
Will anyone help me to:
1. Clear-up the boot screen to white screen
2. Explore it through computer
3. Factory reset ( Reset switch may be handy but not present )
4. Any way to drain out the battery completely
I dissembled it.
Some more points ...
After taking the battery from board charge light (orange) turns on off and on again as if searching for the battery.
When battery was inserted into the groove charge light turns off automatically.
I did not put on kindle back cover during troubleshoot.
Chatted with customer care offering me upgrade only not solution which I initially accepted but changed my mind.
We all need a stable solution from Amazon as this is a very common issue without solution.
|08-02-2013, 02:30 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but I really have to disagree with your comment that it's "a very common issue". It certainly isn't.
|02-21-2014, 02:28 PM||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2014
Device: kindle keyboard 3g
similar problem solved
Just registered to say that I had the same exact problem. I suspect the cause was the battery, which was so empty that it may have had difficulties starting to charge. Whenever I plugged in the charger, the orange light would stay on for only a few seconds and turn off again.
How it worked for me (don't know which part did it)
- I opened the case, took out the battery, put it on again (the green light blinked for a second, which gave me some hope).
- I tried charging, same situation as before opening the case. Connected it to my computer, same as before (it was not recognized).
- Got mad, continued to push the button (still plugged to my computer), but this time from the inside (the case was still open), with my nails. Strange thing happened: everytime I pushed the button from the inside, the orange light turned on for a few seconds (I don't think the same was true when I pushed the button normally). I continued to push it many times, as I thought that maybe it was charging only while the light was on. After some attempts, lo and behold, finally the green light decided to show itself!
- I just let it charge and after that everything looks fine!
Hope this helps. I've been looking through forums for a solution to this, but it looks like people mainly gave up and returned the Kindle. Couldn't do that since I don't live in the USA and a friend bought it for me in the store there.
|02-21-2014, 03:13 PM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
The "orange" light stays on until the firmware decides the battery is too low to run the device and then it shuts down to prevent over-discharge.
And since the battery charger is run by the firmware - that isn't going to work with the cpu shut down.
Your best bet is to use an external charger for the battery (not the Kindle, the BATTERY removed from the kindle).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Troubleshooting Screen stuck after 0% akku, debricking with kubrick impossible, charging doesn't help||Smarag||Amazon Kindle||7||05-03-2013 02:23 AM|
|My kindle is stuck||Joy736||Amazon Kindle||13||01-17-2013 12:43 PM|
|Your vote - keyboard or no keyboard on Kindle||mrzerga||Amazon Kindle||56||03-10-2011 07:22 PM|
|Keyboard issues when charging||swallman||Nook Color & Nook Tablet||1||12-27-2010 10:08 PM|
|Firmware Update Please Help: Kindle 2 version stuck at 2.0.2 + SS 0.4||r1ngx||Amazon Kindle||10||07-05-2010 01:21 PM|