Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
G.T.
G.T. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Wi-fi problem

Hello, I need help with something. On my Kindle 3 (keyboard, only wi-fi version). I have Duokan Lite and standard system with FW 3.3, which is jailbraked. Everything working good, but one problem appeared. I can not connect to wi-fi networks, accurately it does not shows any networks in standard system. What is interesting, connecting to some network in Duokan works perfectly.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
G.T.
G.T. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Nobody has the same problem?
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
You're asking in the wrong place. Moved to developers' forum.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
One Possibility?:

I am guessing that maybe you set USBNETWORK to auto? that can prevent connection...

EDIT: Although that is usually when you drop to screensaver, then resume power.
It fails at this point. if this is the case simply

~usbnetwork and ~usbnetwork again should sort that out.
I have had it where I left it on Kaffeine overnight or been for a long drive and I had to manually do

one ~usbnetwork - then settings - search for wifi - (finds) - then another ~usbnetwork to get back into that mode.

If you don't use usbnetworking in this way then this is unlikely to be the case. you could just check for the AUTO file (or w/e it is called in the usbnetwork folder) - It' not the default so you should remember turning this on.

Another possibility:

Also you would have to be able to resolve an external amazon TEST URL. That is to say it WILL NOT connect to simply a wifi enabled system that fails the EXTERNALLY CAN GET TO AMAZON test...

perhaps there is a different implementation of the wifi stack that does NOT run the helper process IN DUOKAN ( IN KINDLE it checks every few mins I believe for some daft reason)

That is a total and complete guess. -well two.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by twobob; 09-05-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: more blurb
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@G.T.: Duokan is known to mess with a bunch of things.

If you have other hacks installed, drop them one by one until you figure out which one's the culprit (hint: it's probably Duokan).

If you boot by default to Duokan, try the other way around: cold boot into the original FW, and see if it works.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote