Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
NickyWithNook
Fanatic
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GlowLight, Kindle PW2, iPad 3, Nook Tablet & Color, Rooted STR
Something I really prefer about the Nook over the Kindle

as I have both now . . .

My NST shows the cover art, and I can scroll through the covers. I must be a visual-memory person, because I remember which book is which by the cover more than the title or author's name. I have a hard time remembering which book it is I am looking for without the picture of the cover. I end up going onto Amazon.com and searching for a name to see if it's the one I think it is.

Not for really well known books. Those I know the name of. It's more the Indie books. I think, "Oh wasn't there a book about X - let me find that one and read it." I am lost without the cover art on those.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
The Kindle Touch has been modded to do this. It's not a vanilla feature though... See the JBPatch thread in the Kindle Developer's Corner for details.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Yeah, I do like the B&N over the Kindle....just more sleek, and it has page numbers LOL
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
NickyWithNook
Fanatic
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GlowLight, Kindle PW2, iPad 3, Nook Tablet & Color, Rooted STR
Yeah I like the page numbers too. I don't know why the Kindle doesn't have the page numbers.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
It does...(only In certain books though)
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
peitsao
Addict
peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.peitsao is faster than slow light.

Device: razr, T2, Kobo mini, PW1
epub is so much better, esp page numbers and nook is easier to hold in my hands than kindle. I don't turn pages by accident on nook as I do on the kindle touch.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, HD, Glo, Mini
The Sony T1 also shows covers. You can tap on Books and show either the cover view, or the list by title. And it has buttons!
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Tablet
I have both a Nook Tablet and a Sony 950. Both show page numbers. What I like is that I can start a book on my Nook (or Sony) and then switch to my Sony (or Nook) to continue reading. All I need to do is enter the page number I'm on in the Nook (Sony) into the Go to Page # and I'm in the same place. It isn't as easy as synchronization, but it is still very easy and lets me make use of each device under different circumstances.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
tannenba
tannenba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
fwiw, kindles can also show page numbers. the kindle mobi format has page numbers as optional - years ago, most kindle ebooks at amazon did not include page numbers, but today practically every book does. so i think it is more accurate to say both readers include page numbers. in the nook vs kindle debate, i think both devices are excellent. i love the competition between the two, as i think the consumer is the real winner.
tannenba is offline   Reply With Quote