Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I was able to get the book by hitting the Oval-ish "Check Out with PayPal" button in the Shopping Cart. This opens a payment window with a choice to either pay with your PayPal account or enter your credit card details. The credit card transaction is then handled by PayPal, but you don't need an account. Only after doing this, and reviewing the order, can you enter the coupon code.

It's counter-intuitive, but there you have it.
Strange. Perhaps since I've bought books there in the past, it recognized me - that button took me to PayPal, as well (the login screen, rather than a choose payment screen).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
Buran
Geek
Buran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G Non-SO
You do have to go through Paypal, but you don't need account.

Sadly, I refuse to use Paypal at all, because they screwed me once. Too bad Amazon doesn't have this offer.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
You do have to go through Paypal, but you don't need account.

Sadly, I refuse to use Paypal at all, because they screwed me once. Too bad Amazon doesn't have this offer.
Paypal are (in the UK, at least) a bank, and governed by the rules that control any other bank. If they (to use your terminology) "screwed you", you should complain to the financial regulatory authorities in your country.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #19
Buran
Geek
Buran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheeseBuran can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G Non-SO
No. Paypal is not a bank and is not bound by the regulations of such. There is no one to go to. http://news.cnet.com/2100-1017-858264.html is an admittedly old story on the matter, but this hasn't changed that I know of. All I can do is not use them.

But I'll leave it at that so as not to derail the thread. Unfortunately, it seems as if entering the freebie code doesn't stop the demand for a credit card number that I am not willing to provide.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote