Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Nice replacement Launcher for PE

I just started using the Holo Launcher It's nice and very configurable. You can download the launcher from the link above.

Here's the blurb from that page to tell you a little about it.

Quote:
Holo Launcher is a highly customizable launcher replacement based on the stock ICS 4.0.4 Launcher. But you can run it on Android 2.2+

Basic Features:
Full ICS Style: ICS Icons, Folders, Outlines, Drawer Tabs, etc.
Custom Desktop Pages/Grid: Up to 9 desktop pages and 10 x 10 grid.
Custom Drawer Portrait/landscape Grid
Scrollable Dock: Up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
Infinite Scrolling
Gestures: Swipe up/down on desktop to launch apps quickly.
Customizable shortcut/folder icons, support ADW icon pack.
Desktop Previews: Pinch to access desktop previews.
Backup and Restore: Backup and restore your settings and shortcuts.
Other Customization Options: Keep in memory, home key action, hide apps in drawer, hide labels, etc.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
I find Go Laucher works great with the PE also.
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Looks nice. There's also a Jelly Bean Launcher for those looking for the latest look.

http://www.1mobile.com/jelly-bean-launcher-408636.html
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I agree: nice replacement for ADW. Will give jelly-bean a try after giving Holo a bit more time.

Thx.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
mickael28
mickael28 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Hmm... I installed the Jelly Bean Launcher in my PE and it looked awesome for a couple of minutes that it worked.

Now it keeps rebooting, and then displaying the launcher window to pick between Jelly Bean or Launcher as soon as you unlock it. It doesn't matter what you try to choose as it won't accept any imput.

It ends up throwing a 'process system not responding' message and will eventually reboot itself.

I was not even able to switch it off with the power button, I had to hard reset it and it seems it kind of recover.

Let's see if it doesn't freeze any more in the next few days, it looks pretty impressive!!

Last edited by mickael28; 09-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.
mickael28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I just use the Go Launcher, mickael28. I've had zero problems with it, it is fast, out of the way, and just works awesome. I highly recommend it.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote