Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: PRS-T1
Help needed from users running the latest 1.0.07 firmware

So, I have bricked the USB and Wifi of the PRS-T1 after I installing enable-adb not meant for the firmware version.

Restoring the reader with tools made by the community is not possible because they are made for 1.0.05 and below.

But I thought of a way to save it.

I need a backup of the OS related partitions (Recovery, Diag, system etc) of a working reader running the same firmware.
Then I can restore to reader to working condition and possibly retry the rooting process. I believe it is possible as long as I don't try to enable ADB.

Can anyone provide me with backup of those partitions?

p.s. the reader is rooted and working now, besides the USB and Wifi, but charging is only possible in recovery(rupor) mode.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
safakeem
safakeem began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
I need this firmware also.

Hi,

The problem is same for me!

I need working firmware 1.0.07 (mmcblkp9 and mmcblkp10 is enough)

Can anyone provide us with backup of those partitions?
safakeem is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement